Day 292


Got up early and packed everything up as today is moving day and to head back to Las Vegas.  After all the morning routines, I took everything to the car and drove to the Aquarius to meet Terry for breakfast.  I was a little early and found the Brady Bunch penny machines and gave it $20.  I caught features and agreed that is a fun machine with more shots at a win than most.  I won $10. 
Breakfast at the Aquarius buffet is excellent and today’s Sunday Brunch menu included seafood so I enjoyed some hot crab legs with my veggie omelet.  Terry admits that it’s going to be hard to give up the green card status as the bennies are so good that he’s giving it just a little thought of renewing once again, he has until April.  While Terry went to check out, I sat down at the 9/6 machines at the river view area.  I did catch a couple of quads, but the full houses and flushes just weren’t there and I end up losing $40.

We parked at the Colorado Belle and got into the first poker game of the morning but not before I won $10 at the Keno machine.  The game started at 9 AM, and we didn’t leave until 5 PM…why?  The damn flush bonus game.  Within the first two hours, I caught four of the five flushes for a $50 win and needed a heart flush for another $100.  Though it took Terry a while longer, he made three flushes and need only a diamond flush for the extra $100.  After the eight hours, we agreed we might be there until midnight if we didn’t set at time to get up.  We were tired, butt sore and hungry. 
But that’s not the big news.  Terry hit a royal flush!  He caught an Ace of hearts on the river that gave him the $300 bonus ($30 of it went to the next hand for a splash pot).  I asked to take a pic and Leo, the dealer who was about to put it in the deck put it back out for the pic, but didn’t place in the correct order, but that’s okay.  Now Terry has the pic for posterity. 

Though we didn’t catch those final flushes, the rest of the game went well and I FINALLY ended a session with a win--$70.  Terry had $405 in profits.  He was very happy, to say the least.  We picked up a couple of ham and cheese sandwiches for the drive back to Vegas.  I pulled into the Grand where I’m staying for the final night thanks to Terry who had a one night comp while he is staying at the Golden Gate for a couple more nights before flying back to Denver. 

The room, as I had heard, was really nice and contrary to what I’ve been reading about the Grand, the place was pretty busy for a Sunday night.  We sat down at the machines with the 8/5 Super Aces (Terry hit three of these on his last trip for $500 each) and so I agreed to give it a shot.  I didn’t catch any quads and only a couple full housed and lost my $100 quickly.  Terry did catch a couple quads and was still playing.  Because I was sitting at the only machine in the entire place with 9/6 Jacks, I played another $100 and as my entire trip has shown, I lost that money as well.  I finally gave up now that my entire trip has cost me over $800 in losses.  Oh well—as they say…fuck it.

Food intake: breakfast buffet (700); sandwich (850); assorted drinks (400).


Comments