Day 291

I was up too early this morning.  I usually get up between 3:15 and 3:30, but I woke at 2:30 and tried to get back to sleep and finally just gave up.  Fortunately, I went to bed early.  I did my run but it was a bit shorter than usual.  I went Casino Dr. and around behind all the casinos in one large circle.  It wasn't much of a run but I know that today's schedule, I'd make the 10 K and actually was at 14+K by the end of the day.  It's all good.

Part of my walk was to go to the Riverside and sign up Terry and I for the Omaha game; however, even at 4:30 in the morning, they already had the table full with three on the waiting list.  So, went to the Colorado Belle and signed us up for their first table the begins at 9 AM. 

I met Terry at the Aquarius buffet, which he has comps for and had a very nice breakfast.  I then drove him over to Bullhead and dropped him off at a Pickleball court where he still has friends when he stayed here for the winter a couple years ago.  I went back to the Belle, took his name off the list, and played the first hour.  I made $11 but didn't catch a high hand.  I should also mention that I won $10 at keno while waiting for the poker to begin.  I only mention this because my losing sessions have been so consistent that ANY win needs to be mentioned. 

I went back and picked up Terry and filled up that tank ($2.49 per gallon) and we went back to the Belle and waited for some spots to open up and they did after about 20 minutes.  Then we played poker for the next six hours.  I had pocket Aces dealt to me four times, included red Aces once and only managed to have them cracked once for the $50 prize, and in good timing because I was almost out of my bank.  Terry never was dealt pocket Aces or any other bonus hands, but was playing really well and never got into trouble.  I had one nemesis we called Big Brother.  He played every hand and played to the river.  Normally, this is the perfect guy to play with.  However, for whatever reason, EVERY time we went head to head, he would pull out a magic card on the turn or the river.  I lost more than $100 to this one guy.  They table, of course, took notice of this over and over again and it became a running gag. 

I managed only one flush (as did Terry), which I got in the beginning, but never won anymore, though I did catch three other flushes but didn't qualify because the pot didn't have the necessary $20.  By the end of the session, I had lost $43 and Terry had won $86.  My horrible poker streak continues.

We walked over to the Golden Nugget to have dinner at the Claim Jumper and use our comp points.  It was Saturday night and we waiting for 45 minutes before we got our table; however, the service was quick and the food was good, so no problem there.  We walked back to the Belle, picked up my car and drove to the Tropicana and put some play in to keep my offers coming.  Terry used my card.  We tried to get on the triple plays, but there was a married couple hogging the machines and we end up playing the 7/5 BP progressives.  I held my own with just one quad and cashed out down only $13 after a good hour of play.  Terry hit every progressive except the Royal (yes even the Aces at $111.00), and walked with an $86 profit.  He headed back to the Aquarius and I put a $20 into the Zorro machine and won $30...very nice. 

I went to bed and ended the day with another loss, though minimal at $63.  It was a rough day on the diet, though not horrible.  At breakfast I had my usual veggie omelet, but I also treated myself to a small danish along with a couple pieces of sausage and a small portion of breakfast potatoes.  At dinner I had a club sandwich with a small portion of fries.  I'm going to guess the calorie intake was around 3500 calories...possible more.  There's no question I've turned this into a vacation food wise.  I also have some crackers with my coffee in the morning.  I will not allow this to go beyond my time here and when I return home, it's back to work!

Food intake: see above paragraph.

Comments