Day 289


This morning I was up at 3:15 AM.  I had woken up about three times mostly because of the noise on Fremont and the strange bed.  I did manage to get out of room by 4 and ran from the D hotel to the Stratosphere.  I walked around the place and noticed a lot of construction going on.  The second floor is pretty much the same.  I then ran back to the D and was surprised that it was only 7700 steps (5 miles).  I ended up the day with 14 K so it was a good day for the exercise.  I do miss not getting my swim in.

I met Terry at 7:30 at the Fremont buffet and used my comps.  It was okay.  We then played poker at Golden Nugget.  Once again, neither of us got a high hand and end up playing for about 3 or 4 hours.  I end up losing $60.  We then went to Red Rock Casino and played some 2/4 Kill.  Terry had a rough time and went to play some full pay deuces and I continued at poker.  We then left and I had a $5 loss for the session—God forbid I should have any session that ends with a profit. 

We went to the Westgate Hotel to check up on Trooper for Trooper Thursday but didn’t say hi to him.  We got their new cards and I had $52 in comps roll over so we went to the café and had lunch using up $40 of it.  We then played Ugly Deuces on the Spin Poker machines I like.  Terry lost $75 and I lost $2.50, but played for a good session.

We headed back downtown and played blackjack at the Golden Gate and it was a rough session.  I lost $75…my worst loss at blackjack to date.  So I have lost $165 for the day.  The streak continues.  I’m now down $665 for the trip.  We head to Laughlin tomorrow.

It wasn't the best day on the calorie meter, though not horrible.  I did have some cookies in the morning with my coffee.  For breakfast, I had eggs, an omelet, a banana. and a little ham.  Then for dinner, and this is where I raise my eyebrow, I had a turkey club sandwich with cole slaw.  Actually, the only thing bad here was the bread and the bacon, but the size of the sandwich would be in question.  I am on a vacation, and though I shouldn't go crazy, I should not feel too bad about enjoying a little bit.  Hopefully with the running and the walking all day, I will have a zero gain.  I did finish with over 14 K.

Food intake: cookies (500); breakfast (600); dinner (900). 


Comments