Day 288
I was up at 3:15 after about five hours sleep, did the report and and my run. I left the D and went down Fremont all the way to the Boulder Hwy interchange and then back up Charleston to Main St and finally back to the Plaza and finally to the D. When I entered my room, I checked and had to laugh as my steps read 9996 steps. I walked to my bathroom and back and got the 10,000 (six miles). Of course, that increased by the end of the day.
I waited for Terry to wake up, so after my shower I went to the Golden Gate and played the 8/5 progressives. I held my own for a long time with my initial $100 but the quads refused to come. I didn't catch quad 4's until just passing my 1500 hands--horrible. I end up losing $60 but considering that many hands, I suppose that's not too bad.
Terry and I had lunch at Magnolia's where I discovered an breakfast veggie skillet that was outstanding. Terry used his comps. We then played poker at the Golden Nugget for the next 6 hours and neither of us (or anyone else at the table) caught a jackpot hand. At one point I was up $40 and then made a very bad call thinking I had the nut straight and kept getting raised and we went back and forth until I realized I didn't have the nuts but the second nuts. It was a costly error on my part that I absolutely hate. It cost me almost $50. I then went on a losing binge and lost over $60 for the session.
We drove to Palace Station and checked out the place. The poker room was didn't have anyone in it with only two names on the list, so we didn't play but I did find a Seinfeld machine to show Terry and promptly lost $40 with only a minor bonus and didn't get any features.
We headed back to downtown and played at the 4 Queens. After a bit of a session where I played about 250 hands on 9/6, I had lost $60. We were really hungry and had dinner at the Chicago Pizza Co and played a little bit while waiting for the food. I lost $20. We went to the Golden Nugget and played blackjack for the next couple of hours. I bought in for $100 and stayed around there going back and forth. We had a good time and was actually up $20 and told Terry I was getting tired and would play one more shoe and the call it a day. We had a very fun and pretty dealer but I went on a horrible run and lost $40 for the session.
Notice the pattern. Since I've arrived in Las Vegas, in every session I have played, I broke even once, and lost every single one of the rest. I am now down almost $500 and the trip is only two days old. Is it possible to have a bad run like this, which has been going on all year long? Is it time for me to consider quitting gambling altogether? I'm not sure, but am prepared to see this out. I have four more days. But my morale is in shambles. Fortunately, I can afford a big hit, but it's the principal. I need something good to happen soon.
Food intake: veggie skillet (760); chicken fingers (900).
I waited for Terry to wake up, so after my shower I went to the Golden Gate and played the 8/5 progressives. I held my own for a long time with my initial $100 but the quads refused to come. I didn't catch quad 4's until just passing my 1500 hands--horrible. I end up losing $60 but considering that many hands, I suppose that's not too bad.
Terry and I had lunch at Magnolia's where I discovered an breakfast veggie skillet that was outstanding. Terry used his comps. We then played poker at the Golden Nugget for the next 6 hours and neither of us (or anyone else at the table) caught a jackpot hand. At one point I was up $40 and then made a very bad call thinking I had the nut straight and kept getting raised and we went back and forth until I realized I didn't have the nuts but the second nuts. It was a costly error on my part that I absolutely hate. It cost me almost $50. I then went on a losing binge and lost over $60 for the session.
We drove to Palace Station and checked out the place. The poker room was didn't have anyone in it with only two names on the list, so we didn't play but I did find a Seinfeld machine to show Terry and promptly lost $40 with only a minor bonus and didn't get any features.
We headed back to downtown and played at the 4 Queens. After a bit of a session where I played about 250 hands on 9/6, I had lost $60. We were really hungry and had dinner at the Chicago Pizza Co and played a little bit while waiting for the food. I lost $20. We went to the Golden Nugget and played blackjack for the next couple of hours. I bought in for $100 and stayed around there going back and forth. We had a good time and was actually up $20 and told Terry I was getting tired and would play one more shoe and the call it a day. We had a very fun and pretty dealer but I went on a horrible run and lost $40 for the session.
Notice the pattern. Since I've arrived in Las Vegas, in every session I have played, I broke even once, and lost every single one of the rest. I am now down almost $500 and the trip is only two days old. Is it possible to have a bad run like this, which has been going on all year long? Is it time for me to consider quitting gambling altogether? I'm not sure, but am prepared to see this out. I have four more days. But my morale is in shambles. Fortunately, I can afford a big hit, but it's the principal. I need something good to happen soon.
Food intake: veggie skillet (760); chicken fingers (900).
Comments
Post a Comment