Day 287

The run went well as I used my "Tuesday route" and being that it was 3:30 AM, there were no cars and pretty much anything else other than me running through the streets.  We started trash pickup very early--6:15, which is really too early, but for whatever reason, Jose got in early and I suppose he wanted to get started as to allow me to leave for Las Vegas as early as possible.  We did the entire pickup in record time and was finished at 7:30.  I left for Vegas at 8:30.

I took the San Bernadino route and though I did catch some road work stoppage a couple of times, I still managed to make good time.  I made a short stop at the Lottery store in Primm to take a picture.  The Mega Millions jackpot is over $600 million and the line for tickets wrapped around the building twice.  I've never seen so many people there and it warranted a pic that I posted on Facebook.

I pulled into the D at 2:45, got checked in immediately and unpacked my things in the room and then headed right back down to pick up the car (asked at the valet to leave it close and they did) and was off again.  I had an hour or so before needing to pick up Terry at the airport, so I made a stop at the Tuscany and played the Joker's Wild progressive.  I put in $20 and ran it up to just over $30 with the help of four or five quads and eventually started to drift back down, so I cashed out $20 breaking even but having put over 250 points on the card.  They have a 500 points and get a six pack of beer, but I didn't care about that. 

I picked up Terry at 4:45 and we headed back downtown where he checked into the 4 Queens.  They gave him a very nice suite--best room I've ever seen at 4 Queens. I didn't know they even had them.  We then went back to the D where we had dinner, the fantastic Cajon seabass.  It was delicious.  We both used our $25 food coupon. 

We agreed that he'd play on my card at the D and I'd play on his at the 4 Queens to get our points in for the trip.  We managed to get almost 400 points at the D, good enough to keep the offers coming in.  He lost $100 and I lost $111 despite both of us hitting a few quads along the way.  I played my $25 match play on the roulette, black, and for the first time in the last four trips, I lost when the ball fell on the green 0. 

We did a lot of walking around the Fremont Experience the rest of the night and I said my good nights as I intend to be in bed every night by 10, so I can get up early for my morning run.  I have every intention of staying on my routine through this trip.  We did play a little bit.  I cashed out $15 from my $25 free play and another $10 profit at a Kronos machine at the Golden Nugget.  All told, not a horrible start but chalk up another day of losses for me. 

Food intake: chicken fingers (300); candy during drive (700); chicken bowl during drive (700); dinner of Cajon seabass (600).

Comments