Day 285

The day started out pretty good.  I, again, managed an extra hour or so sleep before my security check and had no problem falling back asleep.  It's amazing how my "human alarm clock" works as good well as my Iphone.  I have only had the phone alarm wake me up once in last few months as I naturally wake up around 3 AM every morning.  The alarm is set for 4.  I have become very fond of running in the early morning.  It's not only cooler but because there are few cars on the road, I can run in the middle of the street for long stretches of the time.  The bicycle lane where I usually have to run has too many rocks and pebbles I hate stepping on, so I prefer the street when I can.  I've already noted that there is a huge difference in running on asphalt compared to cement, which I try to avoid, which accounts for why I no longer care to run at the beach, though I may still do on occasion just to break up the routine.

I had some chicken at noon after my swim.  I did have to run over to the folks to help Papa get the alarm clock to stop going off at midnight.  Of course, I took this opportunity to take a few of his home made cookies.

I was set up for a good day of calorie control until about 4 PM, when I just really needed something sweet so I had some of the Dots candy I like.  I know it spoils what would have been a good day, but I'm at that point in my diet where I've lost plenty of weight and though I still have a bit to go, I do not mind enjoying some treats (cookies and the candy) as long as it doesn't exceed my daily calorie count.  All I need to do now is quit feeling so damn guilty about it. 

I woke at at 10 PM, did my security check, and then enjoyed the chicken nuggets and a video before heading to bed.  I'm going to reiterate that though it's been said to not eat before going to bed, I have to believe that to be just a myth.  I know that if I'm hungry, I can't sleep as well and the ten nuggets which are only 500 calories make me feel full and content, I have NO problem with it. 

Food intake: chicken fingers (500); cookies and candy (800); chicken nuggets (500)

Comments