Day 254
It’s amazing how day-to-day my emotions change. Yesterday’s blog I was down on myself a bit
and the diet. Things were down in my
head. The run was bad, I didn’t get my
swim in, and I felt like I ate too much…today the outlook appears to be so much
better. My run went well and I’m not
hungry. Of course, it helps that I had
some watermelon for breakfast which always is perfect after a run.
My mind has been racing a lot lately. I’m almost ¾ through this challenge and I’ve
certainly been very successful at losing the weight. I’m learning that this is as much as a mental
test as it is physical. I’m learning
that my emotions can play tricks on me and not unlike when you’re in a break up
or dealing with a loss, I need to remind myself that life is a series of ups
and downs…to recognize that I’m in a low point, and that a higher point will be
just around the corner. What I NEVER
want to do is to give up or give in…this has been my pattern in the past. So, even at 67, I’m still learning.
After my run, I took a shower and headed for the dentist for
a cleaning. Crap! I was shocked that they were charging $1400
for a “deep cleaning.” My cost is
$425. What the hell? Talk about massive over-charging…it’s no
wonder that insurance premiums are going through the roof. There seems to be no end to the costs of
medical and dental costs and the skies the limit. I’m sorry, there is NO way in hell that it
should cost $1400 for a one hour procedure that used very little medicine and
is a service. Dental hygienists are NOT
worth $1000 per hour…period! To top
this, they wanted me to see a periodontist…I flat told them that if there is no
emergency, I’m not going to go. I am
outraged at the state of our medical and dental costs.
I got out of the chair and headed to the park where a sewage
leak needed to be repaired. I met the
guy and gave the go ahead to fix the problem.
I’m pretty much stuck at home (not a bad thing) as I need to be around
in the event I’m needed as Cynthia will not be on the property today.
The swim went well and it was good to be back in the water after a two day absence.
Food intake: watermelon (100); chicken strips (400); chicken nuggets (800)
Comments
Post a Comment