Day 249

Well...the day was an odd one for me, eating wise.  The run in the morning went very well.  We had book club in the clubhouse and things went great.  As usual, everyone brought their own dishes.  I had a good breakfast (large for me).  I tried to keep the portions small but to be honest, I'm sure I had too many calories.  I can only guess but I'll go with 750.

Then I went to Cindy's family picnic at Santee Lakes.  She had made me a chicken sandwich that was honestly very delicious and it was small, but of course, it had break, which I had not eaten pretty much all year.  That adds another 300.

After the picnic, I had one of those days (and there's not many of these) where I was really hungry and my body was telling me to eat something, so I finished of the chicken wings which put another 600 calories on the day.

I went for my swim and returned to the usual chicken nuggets; another 500 calories.  All told, this was one of my highest calorie intakes for the year.  It certainly is not outrageous and I don't feel guilty.  I certainly want to lose my 7 pounds this month and I believe I am still on track to do that, but I can't have too many days like this.  And who knows?  Perhaps my eating paranoia is simply running away with itself. Of course, there will be no way of knowing until the Oct 1 weigh in.  All I can and will do is keep plugging along facing each day as it comes.

Food intake: breakfast (750); grapes (100); sandwich (300); chicken wings (600); chicken nuggets (500).

Comments