Day 248
During my run this morning, I noticed just how much my pace
has picked up over the months. The first
few months, I pretty much only walked and indeed, my original intention was to
simply be sure that I covered my minimum 10 K steps each day with no intention
of ever running; however, it wasn’t long before I threw in a few jogging steps
here and there.
I distinctly remember setting markers at the Mission Beach
that I would walk and then job, though truthfully, my jogging wasn’t much more
than a fast walk. I’d joke that old
ladies with walkers were passing me as I jogged. This pace kept up for quite a while and I was
okay with it. Then a lot of times when I
needed to cross at a light or hurry to beat a turning car, I’d actually
run. This soon turned into jogging a
little faster.
Now, eight months into this diet, I find myself jogging
faster and faster…at least for what I call faster considering what I started
out doing. Most joggers pass me easily
but I’m getting better at putting them up and putting them, so to speak. I continue to jog/walk/jog/walk as this was a
product of research that said it’s more conducive to weight loss to do this as
it speeds up the heart and brings it back down.
I bought into this practice because I have seen the results. I’m just happy to be picking up the pace and
it doesn’t seem to be hurting me or having any negative effects.
I continue to run on an empty stomach as I read this is
better for weight loss (about 20%) more than eating first. After I get back from my run each morning, I
take out my fruit and a cup of coffee and relax and cool off. It seems to be working. I continue to be very thankful that I have
yet to get sick or have an injury this year (knock on wood).
It’s time to start getting rid of all my fat clothes. I went to Walmart and bought a couple more
shirts (L) and hoped to get some more shorts, but they didn’t have what I was
looking for so I got three shirts and a carton of egg beaters for my morning
omelet. Speaking of which, Papa had
given me some ham from Wednesday’s dinner and I cut some up and put in my egg
scramble with the veggies and it tasted great.
It only adds about 100 calories to the meal, so it’s all good.
I went my closet and collected all my XXL and XL shirts
(maybe about 35) and took them to the Disabled Veterans store. Included was the suit I had bought at the
Men’s XL store that I paid almost $1000 and wore twice. Wow!
Now, I’m going to have to very slowly add a new
wardrobe. Interestingly, a couple of the
shirts that were large almost seems large on me but I do want to be
comfortable, but I seriously have to wonder if at the end of the year, I will
need to downsize to Medium—that would be crazy!
I went to the movies and saw Searching which turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. I end up the day with just over 14 K steps. I went to the gym for my swim, but all the lanes were taken and the swimmers were just getting into the pool, so I skipped it.
Food intake: grapes (100); chicken wings (400); popcorn (300); chicken nuggets (750)
Comments
Post a Comment