Day 244

I suppose I should have know it would eventually happen.  One of the many things that would possibly derail my posting is that my computer would go down, as it did, and I couldn't post.   Yes, I could have gotten out my laptop, but instead, I decided to wait until 5:00 PM when the Cox guy came to fix my Internet. 

So, this blog is very late, but still on the day so I'm glad of that.

I did my run in the morning.  I laid down for a bit but couldn't sleep so I finally got up to get a leg up on the trash collecting.  It's Monday, Labor Day, and many folks have left for the long weekend and left their trash out early which I picked up.  I eventually filled one dumpster before calling it a day.

I then headed out to see the movie Black Klansman, which was okay...a little preachy for my tastes, but that's what you need to expect from a Spike Lee film.  I went to the Edwards Theater by Jamul, which is much nicer than Parkway, where I usually go to see movies.  I was there about an hour and half early, and since I didn't have any Internet at home, I went to McDonalds with my Ipad to play some poker while waiting.  Unfortunately, I succumbed to their "deal" app and bought 20 chicken nuggets for only $4.99 (cheaper than if you buy the pack of only 6), and yes, I eventually ate them all adding a cool 1000 calories.  I also had the usual kids popcorn pack at the movies.  So, I'm a little over my daily allowance, but nothing dangerous. 

I did get my swim in and had the pool pretty much all to myself, which I always like.  I then came back and had my usual chicken nuggets (yes, you'd think I'd be sick of them--but no, I still love 'em and I'm always much better off going to bed not hungry. 

Food intake: veggie scramble (200); popcorn (300); chicken nuggets (1500).

Comments