Day 206
I woke up too early once again, which I actually like because it means I can get my run in before the sun comes up, but I'm very concerned that getting only 5 to 6 hours sleep every night is going to come back and bite me in the butt. I do try to take a nap each day but the success rate is not what it should be there.
I am so thrilled when the run is over but now the thing is beginning to border on the obsession scale whereas thinking I would not run on a particular day would be harmful. I'm still upset that I never made a run during the Vegas stay. Yes, I got all the necessary steps in, but running is such a different animal making me feel like I've accomplished something versus just the steps, which most people do every day anyway.
In order to escape the heat, I went to the movies once again and saw Secaro 2. It was good but predictable and not as good as the first one, but still an enjoyable day at the movies. I stuck to just a kids pack of popcorn.
Leaving I picked up a telephone for Papa and a clock for my living room. The phone did not work and yes, I could take it back, but not worth it. It turns out he wanted a message machine so he could screen the calls, so I ordered one from Amazon along with a monitor cable...I'm taking a chance on.
Dinner at the folks went fine. Donna and Jose joined us and Papa made beef and pepper sandwiches, where were delicious, but I was bothered that I would have to eat bread for the first time in many, many months. I've have been avoiding bread for this entire diet and I really don't think Papa considered that this time around. I stuck to just one along with some excellent spinach (though laced with oil and bacon). I said no to the turnovers and kept the portions down along with the fruit jello. All accounted for, I'm going to say there were about 800 calories, so I'm sure I'm a little over my daily 1500 calories per day cap, but I've always known that dinner at the folks would be my version of a cheat day, but so far I've been very good about keeping the calories as low as possible. I certainly haven't crossed the 2000 calorie threshold the entire year...and that's to back myself on the back.
The pool was busy at the gym, but I got my swim in and as usual finished the night with some chicken nuggets, which I have grown to love finishing my day with.
Food intake: chicken fingers (300); popcorn (300); dinner (800); chicken nuggets (400)
I am so thrilled when the run is over but now the thing is beginning to border on the obsession scale whereas thinking I would not run on a particular day would be harmful. I'm still upset that I never made a run during the Vegas stay. Yes, I got all the necessary steps in, but running is such a different animal making me feel like I've accomplished something versus just the steps, which most people do every day anyway.
In order to escape the heat, I went to the movies once again and saw Secaro 2. It was good but predictable and not as good as the first one, but still an enjoyable day at the movies. I stuck to just a kids pack of popcorn.
Leaving I picked up a telephone for Papa and a clock for my living room. The phone did not work and yes, I could take it back, but not worth it. It turns out he wanted a message machine so he could screen the calls, so I ordered one from Amazon along with a monitor cable...I'm taking a chance on.
Dinner at the folks went fine. Donna and Jose joined us and Papa made beef and pepper sandwiches, where were delicious, but I was bothered that I would have to eat bread for the first time in many, many months. I've have been avoiding bread for this entire diet and I really don't think Papa considered that this time around. I stuck to just one along with some excellent spinach (though laced with oil and bacon). I said no to the turnovers and kept the portions down along with the fruit jello. All accounted for, I'm going to say there were about 800 calories, so I'm sure I'm a little over my daily 1500 calories per day cap, but I've always known that dinner at the folks would be my version of a cheat day, but so far I've been very good about keeping the calories as low as possible. I certainly haven't crossed the 2000 calorie threshold the entire year...and that's to back myself on the back.
The pool was busy at the gym, but I got my swim in and as usual finished the night with some chicken nuggets, which I have grown to love finishing my day with.
Food intake: chicken fingers (300); popcorn (300); dinner (800); chicken nuggets (400)
Comments
Post a Comment