Day 196


7-15-18  Sunday

I woke up early…again and got all the morning routines done and then packed as today I would check out as the trip has almost come to an end.  I walked over to the Belle and put Terry and my names on the poker high game list and then played a couple of penny games and Keno.

I walked down to the Aquarius where I’d be joining Terry and Louise once again in the buffet for breakfast. I was still a little early, so I played some 9/6 Jacks against the back bar and won $60 with the help of a straight flush.  We had breakfast, which again was great.  Like the Diamond with Caesars, this green card does give some nice perks and the free Sat and Sun buffets is right up there as the VIP area is great to sit in with its fresh cut fruits and juices in addition to the regular buffet. 

We played poker but were surprised only six players began the morning, which is bad because it makes getting the $20 for the jackpots more difficult but good as there aren’t as many players going for the high hand.  Like Terry, who won the high hand yesterday, I won it today with Queens full of Aces.  That turned out to be a good thing because I end up only in the black $15 for the session while Terry took a small loss.  We could only play for an hour and a half because Terry needed to check of the Aquarius by 11. 

I walked back to the Trop to get my car to pick them up.  I put a $20 bill into the Mighty Cash Zorro machine and it a bonus and won $60 and left the Trop with a little win…very nice. Traffic on Casino Dr. was absolutely crazy as everyone was leaving.  We finally hit the road back to Vegas.  I dropped them off at the Golden Gate where they’ll be checking in and I went to park at Main Street Station.  I walked over and met them at the new 8/5 BP progressive machines.  The royal was almost $1400, the straight flush over $130, and the regular quad almost $40.  Of course, we both put in a hundred to grab them.  It was a terrible session as neither of us caught any of those and eventually lost the hundy.

We then played blackjack.  The first table was a mess as the dealer kept getting blackjacks, so we moved to another one.  We played for the next couple of hours.  I did my usual one $5 bet at a time and taking advantage of double downs while Terry and Louise altered their bets, which worked beautifully last time we played; however, this time, the house wasn’t so nice to them and they took a loss for this session.  I, on the other hand, who had been down a bit, rallied back and ended the day with a $100 win. 

We walked over to the California for dinner, which as always, was simple and good.  I had the teriyaki beef, Louise the teriyaki chicken, and Terry had their Mahi Mahi sandwich.  I used my bconnected points for the dinner.  We walked down to the Canister Mall, then over to the Gold Spike to check it out.  We all managed to get in our 10 K steps and more. 

It was time for me to head home and we said our good byes.  I picked up my car and got out of Vegas by 7:15 but didn’t arrive home until almost 1AM thanks to a couple of stop and go traffic jams just outside Baker and then before Barstow for no apparent reason as there were no accidents, no construction, no narrowing lanes; just stupid drivers.

Overall it was a losing trip, but still a bargain as vacations go; free rooms, almost all free food.  We checked all the boxes having played a lot of poker (including some Omaha) at the Golden Nugget, South Point and the Colorado Belle. The machines weren’t very nice but as I was driving home, Terry sent along a couple of pics having caught quad 5s and the straight flush progressives. 

Food intake: veggie omelet and fruit (500); beef teriyaki and veggies (850)

Comments