Day 195
7-14-18 Saturday
I got up at 3:30…just woke up, couldn’t get back to sleep
and finally just gave up. I did my day’s
report and posted it. I left my room and
walked over to the Belle to sign up for the high hand table. It was early and I put Terry’s and my name at
the top of list. Terry, also up early
came over and met me at the Belle.
We drove over to Bullhead so Terry could play and hour or so
Pickleball with his friends but when we got to the courts, there was no one
there. So, I filled up the tank and we
headed back to the Aquarius and had the breakfast buffet, which Terry had comps
for and Louise came down and joined us later.
It was a nice buffet. I had my
usual veggie omelet and a little sausage and peppers along with fruit.
We then walked back to the Belle to play poker. We were a little early, so I played some dime
Four Card Keno and won $5. The first
hand of the game, I won a nice pot and warned Terry this is my pattern: win
early lose later…and that is exactly what happened…AGAIN. What an absolutely horrible year I’m having a
2/4 hold ‘em. I can’t seem to get ahead
even though I know I’m playing correctly and getting it in with best hand when
I play only to be beat on the river over and over and over again. It’s very frustrating. Poor Terry was my sounding board as I cursed
my poor luck. He, on the other hand won
the high hand.
We played for a solid 7 hours. At one point, I was ready to call it quits
when I went all in making my loss at $200.
I went all in with K/J and I didn’t pair the board, but amazingly still
had the K high to win the pot. I then
went on a rush and in about 25 minutes got my stack up to almost $75. Terry was steady the entire time never losing
too much and keeping his stack pretty much the same. We were warned that a bad storm was brewing
outside and we were tired anyway, so we cashed in. I lost $122, Terry won over $70 (I’m not sure
of that). We walked back to the Aquarius
where we met up with Louise, who had gone to the movies and played VP.
We decided to have dinner at the fancy Italian place there
for one night of fine dining. Terry and
I had the blacken Cajon salmon, and Louise had prime rib. The food was absolutely fantastic. We all agreed the dinner salads were superb. Once again, Terry used his points and we
headed out.
Terry and walked over to the Riverside as I needed to buy
sunglasses as I had lost mine. We then
walked back and picked up my car and drove over to the Trop. The triple plays were monopolized by a
married couple, so Terry and I sat down for an hour or so and played USA poker
for dimes. We then switched to the 7/5
BP progressives and hit quad 3s and cashed out giving each of us a $5
profit. Terry headed back to the
Aquarius and I threw some money at the Invaders from Planet Moolah and then
Zorro. I broke even. As I was heading to my room, one of the
triple plays was available, so I played some 8/5. I was up and down and finally quit taking out
the same hundred I put in.
I went to bed after waiting in a long line just to get on
the elevators. I have never seen the
Tropicana as busy as it was this weekend. I did manage to make my 10K for the day, though just barely.
Food intake: veggie omelet, fruit, sausage w/peppers (600); salmon dinner with potatoes and salad (900).
Comments
Post a Comment