Day 194
7-13-18 Friday
Terry and I met early Friday morning at the Fremont at their
buffet for breakfast using points.
Excellent omelet and fruit. We
decided to play some NSUD at the Fremont, which turned out to be a mistake
because we both lost the hundred buy in.
We headed back to our respective hotels to pack up and get
ready to leave for Laughlin. It has been
hot, but not too bad hovering around 100.
I picked him and Louise up at the Golden Gate at the drive to Laughlin
went smoothly with the exception of the 95 after Searchlight, which is still
being repaved and down to two lanes.
Flashfloods again have ravaged this area and the 95 between where you
turn left to go to Laughlin and straight on to the I-40 was washed out because
of flash floods. It didn’t hinder us and
arrived in Laughlin around 11:30.
Fortunately, Terry’s green card status lets him check in early at the
VIP lounge at the Aquarius so they got their room right away.
I drove over to the Trop at 12:30 and was able to check in
early as well. The place is starting to
get busy and Casino way in front of the shopping mall in under construction, so
there were some traffic problems especially with weekenders arriving. After I got all unpacked, I headed to the
Aquarius and they were playing at the back bar.
Terry was playing triple play BP and had hit Aces twice and also caught
a couple straight flushes. Louise was
also ahead. I played JOB and lost $50…once
again…I’m not having a very good VP trip…what’s new? We decided to walk across the street to see
OCEANS 8, and though I’ve seen it already, I don’t mind watching it again. They both enjoyed it—what’s not to like?
It was back to the Aquarius and a little more playing. I put my $50 ticket in and got it up to $68
and we cashed out to go to the Cove for drinks and appetizers. We had steak and shrimp kabobs where were
great. I enjoyed a mango margarita, my
first alcoholic drink this year, which was amazing. When the bill came, I gave the waitress the
$7.50 which she knew what to do with and took it off the bill. Terry used his green card coupons and points
for the rest. The bill had come to $74
(wow), but after all the discounts, they only took off $21 from his
points. I was surprised to learn at the
booth that I have $48 in food comps on my card.
I had no idea, so I can use those on another trip.
Terry and I went to the full pay machines in front of the
buffet and though you don’t get full value with points (we don’t really care
anymore and renewing is no longer a priority), Terry played 10/7 DP and I gave
10/6 DDB a shot. I did catch quad 2s, no
kicker, and switched over to NSUD. I
played it down to the original $100, so at least I’m even for the
Aquarius. I said my goodnights and
headed back to the Trop.
I have $20 in free play which I added a hundred and played
the 7/5 progressive BP machines. This
was another failure. I’m in dire need of
a win on VP. I may have to go the Martin
route and start playing penny games again.
I was in bed by 9:30.
Laughlin, by the way, is absolutely packed with families. Of course, the river is a big draw but I also
think that families are now having to come to Laughlin because the bargains at
Las Vegas have dried up and it’s simply so much cheaper here and if you have
kids, you just want a cheap place with a pool.
I should note that I am NOT jogging during this trip. I decided that I do need to give my legs a break for a week and as long as I get my 10 K steps in, this will be good enough. I've been pretty good about staying within the 1500 calorie range and with the steps should be fine for what really is a vacation. I'll be right back to it on Monday.
Food intake: veggie omelet and fruit (400); popcorn (500); kabobs and drink (500)
Comments
Post a Comment