Day 191


7/10/18
We started trash pickup early and finished by 8 AM, so I was on my way to Vegas by 8:30.  I arrived in Vegas at 12:30, too early to check in.  I stopped at South Point and jumped into the 2/4 half-kill game.  I lost the first couple of hands.  This was a very different table as someone raised almost every hand.  And many stayed in, so the pots were always pretty big.  I was down $20 early, but I was dealt pocket Aces in the big blind and I raised.  Almost everyone stayed in.  The flop produced an Ace, so I kept the betting going.  By the time it was over, I had won a pot of $55. 

I was card dead for a while and draining some of the profit, but I was dealt A/Q of diamonds and raised.  Flop was a K/J/8, no diamonds.  I made the c-bet and three stayed in.  The turn was a blank and I checked as did the other two.  The river was a 10 giving me the nuts.  I bet and one guy called as the river gave him trip 10s.  I left soon after that to go check in at the D with a $30 profit.
I made the mistake of taking the 15 to downtown where there was MORE construction…next time Paradise Ave.  Check in went well and I asked for a room far from the Fremont and was sent to the back.  It was perfect as I couldn’t hear the music at all from the street.  I have a view of the El Cortez. 

I went down to use my $25 match play (part of my mailer) and for the third time, I put it on the roulette black and for the third time, I won the bet.  A profit of $50, so things are starting off well.  I was starving so I went to the café to eat using my $25 food comp.  I ordered the Cajon Sea Bass.  It was fantastic!  The bill came to $24.35 with an iced tea. 

It was now time to get my 300 points at the 8/5 progressives at the bar.  The progressives were recently hit, so that was no big deal.  I started off like crazy hitting quad 2s, 10s, 4s.  I was up a hundred when the machine went dead cold and I was lost all my profit.  I put in another 100 and changed machines.  I finally hit a couple more quads, but when I got my 300 points, I stopped.  So, I lost $200 total, but with the $80 profit give me a minus $120 for the day.  Really not too bad but I was so disappointed after such a great start. 

I walked around Fremont looking at the crazies and finally was back in my room by 8.  I was up at 3:30 make my run before the trash pickup, so I’m looking forward to going to be early. 

Food intake: grapes (159); fish dinner (550); Chinese food (400) 

Comments