Day 181
I am a little bummed this morning. It was weigh in time and though I did lose 9 pounds (216), it was a pound short of my 10 pound monthly goal. Now, I don't have a reason for this. I didn't cheat, I didn't miss any of my jogging days, and really nothing else out of the routine was different. This only thing I can consider is that it's the natural thing to start losing less as there is less to lose.
I'm not sure if I believe the whole plateau business. Biology says if you burn more calories than you consume, it will find that energy in your fat, which I still have plenty of around my chest, hips, stomach, and abdomen. I suppose I should be a little more angry than I am. I'm still very pleased to have lost this much and I should celebrate the success I've had since starting. Considering tomorrow marks the half way point to this challenge, I lost more than 80 pounds. Every one has been very complimentary. I think it's hit me that I will not make it under the 200 mark on Aug 1, and that September is a more likely time. Of course, that will mean I must continue to lose more than 8 pounds in both July and August. I have Las Vegas and Laughlin coming up, which will put a dent in my routine. I won't be able to get my swim in each night and it's up in the air when I can do my jog each day. Obviously there is work to be done.
I did get my jog in using the lake route and I did do my swim and sauna, so that's all good. However, I just SAT ON MY ASS the rest of the day. No doubt, this is the area I can and will change. I need to be active more. Less computer, more walking!
Food intake: chicken strips (300); soup (250); chicken nuggets (550)
I'm not sure if I believe the whole plateau business. Biology says if you burn more calories than you consume, it will find that energy in your fat, which I still have plenty of around my chest, hips, stomach, and abdomen. I suppose I should be a little more angry than I am. I'm still very pleased to have lost this much and I should celebrate the success I've had since starting. Considering tomorrow marks the half way point to this challenge, I lost more than 80 pounds. Every one has been very complimentary. I think it's hit me that I will not make it under the 200 mark on Aug 1, and that September is a more likely time. Of course, that will mean I must continue to lose more than 8 pounds in both July and August. I have Las Vegas and Laughlin coming up, which will put a dent in my routine. I won't be able to get my swim in each night and it's up in the air when I can do my jog each day. Obviously there is work to be done.
I did get my jog in using the lake route and I did do my swim and sauna, so that's all good. However, I just SAT ON MY ASS the rest of the day. No doubt, this is the area I can and will change. I need to be active more. Less computer, more walking!
Food intake: chicken strips (300); soup (250); chicken nuggets (550)
Comments
Post a Comment