Day 166

It's funny how things creep up on your mind even though you've given it so much thought in the past and have dealt with it, but yet as much as I think I'm in control, my mind reminds me that sometimes I don't...once again, I'm going through the "is this all really working?" scenario.  I'm not visually seeing any progress in my chest or stomach...all I'm seeing is fat.  My workout shorts don't seem to be getting any looser.  I've discussed this many times, but I still have to remind myself that it is a process and I have to trust the process.  I will expect to have lost the 10 pounds by the first of the month...period!  If I don't, then I can't help but wonder what it's going to do to my determination.

Even as I write this, I know I'm being silly.  I know I have not strayed from my goals.  I haven't missed a day getting in my steps and my swim and I always feel great at the end of the day knowing I've done it, yet my stupid head keeps questioning if it's working.  I realize that not weighing myself but once a month puts extra strain on my psyche, but I know it's the best way.  So, I just keep telling myself over and over again, "Wait for the the first of month...trust the process."

I did my usual Santee Lakes route.  I didn't do much else until the swim at night.  I have got to find something else to do that requires a little physical activity.  I enjoy my You Tube and I enjoy playing poker on the computer, but it's consuming me too much.  I have pretty much ruled out playing Pickleball again, but we'll see.

Food intake: chicken salad (400); chicken fingers (300); chicken nuggets (500).

Comments