Day 159
I decided it would be okay to go to Mission Beach for my jog in the morning. I filled up the tank with gas at the Costco by IKEA on the way and got there around 6:30 AM. It's surprising how many people are already out there jogging and walking in the morning. It was a perfect morning and everything was going well until about the four mile mark on my return when my left knee (that had been giving me trouble in the past) started to flare up and I had to stop. I took a small rest and it quit hurting so I decided to walk the rest of the way back to the car. There were no problems after that, but I did tell me that I need to stay on the treadmill for a while until it completely heals. I am convinced it's the concrete on the these old 67-year-old knees that's taking its toll.
I did finish and drove back to the house and turned in my time sheet. I pretty much rested during the day and then took Cindy out to dinner at Janet's in Alpine. I did stick to the salmon dinner, but allowed myself a piece of apple pie (no sugar added) for dessert. I understand that this will certainly put me over my 1500 per day goal; however, I'm not going to worry about it as it doesn't go over all that much and I have certainly been far enough under that number enough days to make up for the occasional overage. It's the long term total that matters.
We got home later than I'd hoped and decided to skip the swim tonight as the meal was still digesting and I was just plain tired. I'm not worried about the swimming portion of my routine simply because it was an add-on and though I do believe it helps a lot, I'm not going to be a stickler about it every day as I am with the steps. I know I'll miss a week of swimming next month during my Vegas trip.
Food intake: grapes (100); chicken breasts (600); salmon dinner (1200).
I did finish and drove back to the house and turned in my time sheet. I pretty much rested during the day and then took Cindy out to dinner at Janet's in Alpine. I did stick to the salmon dinner, but allowed myself a piece of apple pie (no sugar added) for dessert. I understand that this will certainly put me over my 1500 per day goal; however, I'm not going to worry about it as it doesn't go over all that much and I have certainly been far enough under that number enough days to make up for the occasional overage. It's the long term total that matters.
We got home later than I'd hoped and decided to skip the swim tonight as the meal was still digesting and I was just plain tired. I'm not worried about the swimming portion of my routine simply because it was an add-on and though I do believe it helps a lot, I'm not going to be a stickler about it every day as I am with the steps. I know I'll miss a week of swimming next month during my Vegas trip.
Food intake: grapes (100); chicken breasts (600); salmon dinner (1200).
Comments
Post a Comment