Day 142
Being a Tuesday, there no question as to how I'm going to get my needed steps in. I was up at 4 AM and went to the gym at 5 to work on the treadmill. Doing the hour it watching comedy on my Ipad goes fast, but it's frustrating that an hour doesn't give me my daily requirement. Fortunately, I make sure that I do as much walking as possible during trash pick up. When I was done for the day, I had over 12 K so a job well done.
I've gotten into the habit of going to the movies on Tuesdays because popcorn is half off and then I use my points to buy a small Coke Zero and then pay for an upgrade. So, with the movie being free using my Movie Pass, I end up paying $4.44 for the entire thing. It's a great deal. Had I paid full prices for everything, I would have plus $30, which of course, I would never have paid. I saw Deadpool 2 and it was as expected, lots of fun.
On the way out of the theater, I stopped at Walmart and found a large bag of Mesquite wood chips for $1.88. Remember, the lowest price on Amazon was $18, and that was for four small containers of different woods. Admittedly, this bag isn't for home smokers, but it was cheap enough that I could find more than enough of what I would need each time I used mine. I got home and tried it on a couple of chicken breasts. It worked great! And as a bonus, it left the house with a nice smokey smell, which if I didn't want I could have easily done all of this outside. So, my experiment with a smoker turned out to be a success.
For a Tuesday, the gym was surprisingly slow and I had no problem getting a lane at the pool. I did my usual 12 laps, which I will increase to 14 this weekend and sat in the sauna for ten minutes. I can certainly see some definition in my arms, but I'm not certain if it's the daily swimming or the diet. Either way, my arms are getting thin along with my legs...but my stomach is resisting big time. All in due time, hopefully.
Food intake: omelet: (150); chicken breasts (420); popcorn (500); chicken nuggets (350).
I've gotten into the habit of going to the movies on Tuesdays because popcorn is half off and then I use my points to buy a small Coke Zero and then pay for an upgrade. So, with the movie being free using my Movie Pass, I end up paying $4.44 for the entire thing. It's a great deal. Had I paid full prices for everything, I would have plus $30, which of course, I would never have paid. I saw Deadpool 2 and it was as expected, lots of fun.
On the way out of the theater, I stopped at Walmart and found a large bag of Mesquite wood chips for $1.88. Remember, the lowest price on Amazon was $18, and that was for four small containers of different woods. Admittedly, this bag isn't for home smokers, but it was cheap enough that I could find more than enough of what I would need each time I used mine. I got home and tried it on a couple of chicken breasts. It worked great! And as a bonus, it left the house with a nice smokey smell, which if I didn't want I could have easily done all of this outside. So, my experiment with a smoker turned out to be a success.
For a Tuesday, the gym was surprisingly slow and I had no problem getting a lane at the pool. I did my usual 12 laps, which I will increase to 14 this weekend and sat in the sauna for ten minutes. I can certainly see some definition in my arms, but I'm not certain if it's the daily swimming or the diet. Either way, my arms are getting thin along with my legs...but my stomach is resisting big time. All in due time, hopefully.
Food intake: omelet: (150); chicken breasts (420); popcorn (500); chicken nuggets (350).
Comments
Post a Comment