Day 140

I decided to go to Pine Valley and jog the old route I used to when I lived there.  I took plenty of pictures and posted them on Facebook, as I usually do and I had a huge response.  I visited my old landlord, Ken Kerl, for a while.  It turns out his step-son, Kyle, now lives in my old house.  We talked for a good while.  The jog/walk doesn't quite make the 10K, so I walked around Viejas casino for a bit.  It has changed so much since I was last there. I tried a couple of games, but lost.  I did finish the day with 12K. 

I have to remind myself that this exercise will last for 365 days.  It's now been only 140--not even half way there--and that I have to be patient and just look at the day ahead of me.  I bring this up because after my swim at the gym, I look down and still see this huge stomach and abdomen.  Yes, it's gone down some, but still has so much fat, it's deflating.  I have lost weight in my legs, face, and arms, but I get down on the stomach fat, which doesn't seem to go away.  Okay, those are my thoughts, but I know I have to relax and simply focus on the first of the next month, in this case, June 1.  If I lose the ten pounds or more, then I will be fine.  I've been fortunate that I've not had any injuries and sickness and have been on schedule (actually ahead).  I tell myself that October or November, the stomach will be close to flat.  Be patient.  Stay with it and the results will follow. 

The point of the previous paragraph is simply to illustrate what goes on in my head.  There will be days when my head gets the better of me...just believe in the process--it will work in the long run. 

I was more hungry than usual today.  I really have had some good luck in that i haven't craved to eat food, but on one or two occasions, I actually felt hungry.  I did wait, but having ate so little, I allowed myself an extra couple of nuggets.  I was really good, but oddly, I knew and could feel I didn't need the extra two, so I'll not do that again.

Food intake: chicken salad (450); grapes (200); chicken nuggets (600).

Comments