Day 139

I decided to stay around here, so I did my steps on the Santee Lakes route.  I jogged most of it.  I'm completely clueless whether or not I'm hurting my knees or not.  There is no pain, but simply from the fact I'm jogging on cement every day and jarring my knees--common sense tells me that can't be a good thing, especially for an over-weight 67 year old man.  But I'm not feeling any pain, though admittedly my legs are tired. I suppose until I feel actual pain, I will continue.  I managed 12K steps today.

I'm beginning to try to nap (something I've never done my whole life) for an hour or so each day.  It's not always successful, but I feel that the rest is helping me through this exercising and dieting I'm going through.  My sleep at night fluctuates from 6 to 8 hours, though the latter is rare, so I'm sure the nap is a good thing.  I'll keep trying and see what happens.

The swim at the gym went without a hitch.  I did find a container for my ear plugs at Target.  That was surprising.  Of course, after I bought it (75-cents) it occurred to me that I could have used one of my vitamin containers, but this is a strong plastic with a screw on top, so I'm happy.

Food intake: chicken breasts (420); grapes (100); chicken salad (400); chicken nuggets (500).

Comments