Day 133

All around it was a good day for the diet, though I did allow a very small deviation.  It was Mother's Day and I had driven to Mary's Donuts to buy a couple dozen doughnut holes eventually having to return to buy two more dozen to fill a jar I had bought for the occasion.  Unfortunately, she is ill and so I'll have to wait until today to give it to her.  I had about a dozen left over and yes, I had two of them (55 calories each) with my coffee.  It's not the calories that leave me slightly guilty, it's the sugar that I know I shouldn't eat.  However, that's a small quibble. 

I did my run around the Santee Lakes route and then walked a bit at Harbor Island while waiting to pick up Hugh from the airport.  We had lunch at the Hawaiian BBQ here in Santee and I've discovered an option meal.  The BBQ chicken salad was excellent.  They advertise that it has only 180 calories, but that's bogus because it comes with a scoop of rice, which by itself is that much; however, when I order it in the future, I'll take it to go and ask to leave the rice off.  It's a good portion for $9.

I tried to take a nap to no avail but did get to the gym for my swim.  Being a Sunday night, there was no problem getting a lane and the seat in the sauna.  I always have to force myself to go and I always am glad that I went. 

I continue to nag to myself that I'm not doing enough for this diet.  My head tells me that biologically speaking, I'm doing it right: exercising every day and eating under 1500 calories.  That should lead to a pound every two days; however, there are so many hours that I'm not doing anything and feel I could.  This, of course, is the compulsive part of me.  I'm sure that on June 1, I will have lost the requisite 10 pounds or more.  I'm getting to that point where I'm not seeing it in my body change.  My stomach and abdominal region are still full of fat that I'm not seeing progress.  Yes, this is in my head, and I need to relax...this takes time.  My legs and feet are certainly feeling the fatigue of my six miles per day, so I don't relish the thought of adding even more to them.  After all...I'm 67 years old, not 27...I need to always remember that. 

Food intake: two doughnut holes (110); BBQ chicken salad (200); chicken nuggets (500).

Comments