Day 130
I decided to stay here in Santee and did the loop through Mast Park, and completed it with 11K. I did jog a lot of it, but I'm finding my legs are getting more sore and tired. I have no doubt that all of the jogging on cement is taking its toll.
I went online to find shoes just for this and none of what I found seemed to be much different other than more cushion. I went to the mall and at Famous Shoes found some Scetchers that seemed to be okay. I'll try to get some some Dr. Sole's for them to add more cushion. There really isn't many more options to get me off the cement other than the treadmill plus that would put a serious dent into my wandering around the city and posting on Facebook. At 67, I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right and I have no doubt most would say I'm not, but it's where I'm at as of now.
I'm surprised how fast I went through my last shoes, but then I've never undertaken this kind of work on them, so I suppose I should expect to buy new shoes every few months or so.
I did see Overboard, which I liked a lot. Sometimes, just a simple comedy is all I need for a pleasant movie experience. I stuck with the kids pack of popcorn. It's funny that now that I don't eat anything with sugar in it how much that little pack of gummy bears tastes so damn good. I finished the day with 15K steps. For whatever reason, I know that I've lost a lot of weight, but this month it doesn't feel like anything is happening. When I caught myself in the mirror at the foot store, all I see is a fat guy around the waist. I know that I need to just stick with it. It's only been a little over four months, so I need to keep my faith that I'm doing the right thing, and all of this will take care of it self in the next five or six months. I will NOT deviate from my routine.
I did my swim last night. I was surprised that no one was in the pool on a Thursday night, even though the gym was packed with people. I've been very lucky in that I've managed to get a lane every night. Of course with the weekend approaching, I will usually have no problem with that.
Food intake: chicken breasts (420); snack pack (200); chicken nuggets (500).
I went online to find shoes just for this and none of what I found seemed to be much different other than more cushion. I went to the mall and at Famous Shoes found some Scetchers that seemed to be okay. I'll try to get some some Dr. Sole's for them to add more cushion. There really isn't many more options to get me off the cement other than the treadmill plus that would put a serious dent into my wandering around the city and posting on Facebook. At 67, I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right and I have no doubt most would say I'm not, but it's where I'm at as of now.
I'm surprised how fast I went through my last shoes, but then I've never undertaken this kind of work on them, so I suppose I should expect to buy new shoes every few months or so.
I did see Overboard, which I liked a lot. Sometimes, just a simple comedy is all I need for a pleasant movie experience. I stuck with the kids pack of popcorn. It's funny that now that I don't eat anything with sugar in it how much that little pack of gummy bears tastes so damn good. I finished the day with 15K steps. For whatever reason, I know that I've lost a lot of weight, but this month it doesn't feel like anything is happening. When I caught myself in the mirror at the foot store, all I see is a fat guy around the waist. I know that I need to just stick with it. It's only been a little over four months, so I need to keep my faith that I'm doing the right thing, and all of this will take care of it self in the next five or six months. I will NOT deviate from my routine.
I did my swim last night. I was surprised that no one was in the pool on a Thursday night, even though the gym was packed with people. I've been very lucky in that I've managed to get a lane every night. Of course with the weekend approaching, I will usually have no problem with that.
Food intake: chicken breasts (420); snack pack (200); chicken nuggets (500).
Comments
Post a Comment