Day 99
I was seriously thinking my legs needed a day break from the walk, but I just knew that if I did, I'd have to write about it here and I would have to add it to days I didn't do my walk, and so I begrudgingly got dressed and headed out.
I took the western route from my house with the intention of going to the Mission Trails hiking spot, but knowing I don't really like dirt paths, I changed my mind and headed to Santee Lakes. This was a new route and I came across West Hills Park, which I had never seen before and found that it was next door to West Hills High School, again, not knowing it was located here. This was another nice discovery right here in my back yard.
I was surprised that church services were being held at the high school and I couldn't help but wonder if that was appropriate considering public schools shouldn't have a religious connotation, but what do I know. Perhaps they just rent it out for more funds. Whatever...
The entire circle back to my house was 12 K, so this is another possible path I can take on any given day.
Today's was Subby's birthday. I picked up Cindy and we went to a place a Grecian Cafe. This was Donna's suggestion so Subby could have lamb shanks. I ordered the salmon which was supposed to come with veggies, but after being served to me a good 15 minutes after everyone else, came with rice and pita bread...both of which I can't have on my diet. The salmon was only fair and though the rice was very good, I could only eat a little of it. The bottom line was that Subby was happy and that's all that matters. Larry picked up the tab, which was very generous of him.
Today marks the final two digit day of these posts. Tomorrow will be day 100. In order for me to write a four digit post, it would be around 2021...very unlikely I'll ever get there, but how amazing would it be if I did?
I dropped Cindy back home and that was that.
Food intake: salad (400); salmon (400); chicken nuggets (500).
I took the western route from my house with the intention of going to the Mission Trails hiking spot, but knowing I don't really like dirt paths, I changed my mind and headed to Santee Lakes. This was a new route and I came across West Hills Park, which I had never seen before and found that it was next door to West Hills High School, again, not knowing it was located here. This was another nice discovery right here in my back yard.
I was surprised that church services were being held at the high school and I couldn't help but wonder if that was appropriate considering public schools shouldn't have a religious connotation, but what do I know. Perhaps they just rent it out for more funds. Whatever...
The entire circle back to my house was 12 K, so this is another possible path I can take on any given day.
Today's was Subby's birthday. I picked up Cindy and we went to a place a Grecian Cafe. This was Donna's suggestion so Subby could have lamb shanks. I ordered the salmon which was supposed to come with veggies, but after being served to me a good 15 minutes after everyone else, came with rice and pita bread...both of which I can't have on my diet. The salmon was only fair and though the rice was very good, I could only eat a little of it. The bottom line was that Subby was happy and that's all that matters. Larry picked up the tab, which was very generous of him.
Today marks the final two digit day of these posts. Tomorrow will be day 100. In order for me to write a four digit post, it would be around 2021...very unlikely I'll ever get there, but how amazing would it be if I did?
I dropped Cindy back home and that was that.
Food intake: salad (400); salmon (400); chicken nuggets (500).
Comments
Post a Comment