Day 118

On this day, it was a mixed bag.  I started my walk at Vacation Village and went around that and then across to the other side of the island and I still only had a little more than half of my steps.  I was going to take the Encinitas tour and have lunch with my son in Carlsbad, but he texted that he was going to be out of town today, so I cancelled that and headed back home.

I end up walking the Fanita circle.  They were just finishing up Pickleball at the Mesa Park.  I'm still on the fence about asking to play and then starting that.  I don't know why...I just am.  There's a part of me who's happy with my routine of walking in the morning and then swimming my laps at night, but I do realize the playing Pickleball would do nothing but help my diet as well as give me another outlet to stay active all day.  I've cut my TV time down as well as my computer time, but I still find myself sitting and watching a lot.  I'm sure I'll come to a decision eventually.

The ten laps were easier today.  If I find they become less a strain, I will add another two laps, but I'll wait to see if it is getting easier or if I just had a good day.  I've be VERY lucky in that I've not had to wait for a lane to open up, but I'm sure the day will come when I don't get on one.  As of now, it's been almost two weeks of swimming every day, and I'm pleased with that.  I still have to make myself go at 8 PM, but I just go.  I'm always glad when I'm heading home and feeling good.

I've been very good about making plans and sticking to them.  I am beginning to run out of different places to run.  But it's all good...as long as I don't miss a day.  I cut my toenails and when I undressed at the gym, found that one of my socks had a large spot of blood.  I suppose one of my nails attacked it's neighbor. 

I ate TOO many chicken nuggets.  I usually stick to 10 nuggets, but it was the end of the bag and I went ahead and ate 15...that was stupid and I was too full when I went to bed.  I'm still within my calorie goal for the day, but the guilt for the unnecessary calories and the feeling of fullness was not worth it.

Food intake: banana (100); soup (250); chicken strips (200); chicken nuggets (750). 

Comments