Day 115

It was trash day, so I did my usual routine of going to the gym to do the treadmill for an hour and then the trash.  We finished the trash in an hour and a half, another great time to get that done, and then when it was over, I was still short of my 10K goal.  However, I knew that I would be running around a lot of the day and would no doubt make it up.

I decided to buy the two patio chairs for my deck.  I went to the Lowe's by me and it turned out they didn't have them in stock, so I went to the Mission Valley store and purchased them.  My fear was right when I saw that you did need to assemble them, which I hate, but the girl asked if I'd like to have them put together for $10--I jumped at that even when I was told they wouldn't be ready until Friday.  That's just fine.

While I was down there and it was lunch time, I walked next door to the IKEA store and had that salmon lunch.  It was good but I didn't get the sale's price of $4.99 because I wasn't a store member, so it was an extra two bucks.  No problem.  I did go for the lemon sauce but that jacked up the calorie count to 610, which surprised me.  I could have had the Swedish meatball lunch and it would have had less, but it's all good. 

I did get to the gym and do my ten laps at the pool and some sauna, though it was hard to get a good sweat going as there were as many as 12 people in there and the door kept opening and closing.  I stayed for 10 minutes.  I always feel good after doing this, so I should make a point of going whenever I can.  It's that initial going in the pool that I don't care for though that's silly because that goes away in seconds of swimming.  I'm not sure just how much this is helping my left arm problem, but it certainly can't help.  I am dismayed that after two years since the initial injury, that I still get twinges every so often, which tells me it's still not completely healed. 

I wonder if I could get back to pickleball, this would be my walk/jog in the morning, pickleball in the afternoon, and swimming at night--a great trifecta!  Even though I'm exercising more than ever now, for whatever reason, I still feel that I'm watching too much TV and just sitting around.  What a change of life style I am creating here. 

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand times more: I love being retired. 

Food intake: salmon lunch (610); chicken salad (450); chicken nuggets (300); grapes (100).

Comments