Day 110

After all the morning duties, I thought I'd give Lake Murray a try and find out how many total steps it is from the beginning to the end and back.  However, it began to rain about half way, possibly 3/4 through and I turned around and ended up with only 6K.  I then took the Mesa Dr. Park run and was almost to my goal and finally went over the 10K late at night.  It's not my finest accomplishment for the day, but at least I made it.  Add to that I did make my lap swimming (6 laps) and sauna.  So, overall a good day exercise wise. 

The food area is a little mystifying for me.  I had the usual chicken in the morning and then decided to go for the Panda Express substituting veggies for the rice or chow mien.  My two items added were a couple of beef items that said 170 calories per serving each, but I honestly have no clue how big is their serving size.  I will say that after finishing, I felt it was a ton of food and I was truly full.  I can't help but wonder how many calories did I actually consume here.  I'm going on a limb and assuming 300 for each beef dish and a 100 for the veggies and another 50 for the BBQ sauce I poured on them.  I suppose we'll see.  But a good thing here is that I am happy with the the Panda Express using the veggies component.  I wish I had done that in Laughlin. 

On a different subject, I can actually see the progress taking place in my legs.  They have lost their obese look to them and I can see the muscle mass taking shape.  There's not as good as news when it comes to the rest of my body.  Yes, my weight loss shows in my face, but my chest and stomach (in particular the lower area) are still full of unwanted fat and still leave me with the appearance of a fat old man.  I'm embarrassed in the sauna, which is far more popular these days.  I'm always in there with three to six more people--all twenty-somethings.  However, I'm not deterred, if anything else more determined to continue this pace.  The gym at night routine is turning out to be just what I had hoped for.  I'm getting some late night exercise (admittedly, not a huge amount) instead of watching TV and it's making the time go by faster until my 10 PM security check.

Just an observation here: Even though it's 9 PM, the 7/24 gym I work out at in  Santee is packed!  All of these reports of Americans being fatter than ever may be true, but I think you'll find that the kids today are as much concerned with looks and health so much more than us old farts.  Every night, the gym is jammed, and I would say the majority are girls, and though it makes for a crowded gym, I'm very happy to see.  Time has passed me by here, but I'm enjoying being a part of it.

Food intake: soup (250); chicken breasts (420); Panda Express (800).

Comments