Day 109

After finishing all of the morning's duties, I headed to Mission Beach once again.  I have no doubt this will be my "go to" place to get my steps in.  I have markers that encourage me to jog instead of just walk and I'm getting close to jogging almost half the course rather than just walk, which I know doesn't give me as much change to lose calories as just walking.

I also took a walk through Ocean Beach.  This place has added a few new stores, but it remains an eye sore full of homeless and bums.  It is San Diego's Hippie magnet and the city doesn't seem to try to change that.  There are still far too many empty store fronts.  I ended the day with over 14 K steps.

I didn't get any reading done, so now I'm going to have to spend the next two days finishing the book.  I did go to the gym at 8 PM to swim.  There wasn't a lane open, so I stayed in the sauna until one did.  I stupidly forgot that my keys were in my pocket and I messed up the computer chip.  Fortunately, I have a spare, but now I'm going to have to go buy a new battery and hope I haven't ruined it or I will have to come up with some serious money to buy a new one.  I've got to be more aware and careful.

Dinner was at the parents.  Mom gave me some encouragement with the diet and Pop made a shrimp scampi kind of dish.  I did eat noodles with it, but again, I was careful to not overdo it.  I also stayed away from the garlic bread.  He also made some spinach/egg dish that I'm sure had very few calories.  I'll have to guess at the total.

Food intake: banana (100); chicken nuggets (400); shrimp dinner (900). 

Comments