Day 106
To anyone who may one day read these daily notes, keep in mind that everything I describe is from the previous day. I write these in the morning about yesterday's results. Therefore, Day 106 is the beginning the diet/exercise experiment.
I use the word experiment with some trepidation. I can't truly say I know what I'm doing here other than desperately trying to lose weight. Even when I do, will I be able to continue this new healthier living style after I reach my goal. I am tempted every day with something new. In Laughlin, it was the BBQ Rib competition, in Las Vegas it was the myriad of small restaurants and bar foods, and even here at home, I salivate every time I pass the classic burger place outside Walmart. Will I remain strong when this is all over?
I was struck a little when my friend, Terry, texted me congratulating me on "sticking with it" this long. No question a compliment, but then I asked myself was this a way of saying, you've done this before and you always quit and go back to your bad habits, so it's great you've lasted this long? I was really clear this is a one year goal and it's only been three and a half months. I'm just over one third of the way. Honestly, it was a good test, it made me even more determined to make it to the full year.
What will happen if I reach my goal before the year is out (175 lbs)? I honestly am not sure aside from easing up a bit on the strictness of the diet but weighing myself every single week to make sure I don't slide back. However, make no mistake, I am not at all confident I can make that weight. At my age, asking my body to go back to what I weighed in high school is a HUGE ask. I'm sure that if I settle in at 185, I will be okay with it. We'll just have to wait and see.
In Laughlin, I went to sleep at 7 PM, and as expected, I woke up at 3 AM. I got ready and was on my way home at 4:15. I pulled into my driveway at 9:15. The time is right on and being a Sunday morning, there was no traffic problems. I certainly like taking the Riverside route more than the other way.
Today, I was honestly tired and had to pull every mental muscle to go my walk. I made the Santee Lake circle from my place and got back with over 12 K for the day; however, I was as thirsty and hungry and worn out as much as I can remember doing these walks. The 15 miles in Las Vegas one day and the 8 miles to the Davis Dam has taken it's toll. My legs are beginning to have rashes, though I suspect this is a good thing as they are dropping fat and the skin is adjusting (at least that's what I tell myself). One very good thing is that lately, I have not had the nerve issue in my left foot problem for a while. Today, I'll be doing the Mission Beach route, so this will be a test day for that.
I was very hungry, so I treated myself to the chicken nuggets early, than had chicken strips about two hours later and finished with soup for the night. I have no doubt I am still well within my 1500 calorie per day goal. Tonight I have to force myself to attempt the swim at the fitness center. I have no idea why I am hesitating, but I'm going to do it tonight. I expect it should be just fine and if it is, I will try my best to add it to my routine. I can't help but feel that I have to get off the damn chair watching TV in the later hours. Also, I have no doubt my body is adjusting to this morning walk. We shall see in tomorrow's report.
Food intake: apple juice (120); chicken nuggets (500); BBQ chicken strips (400); soup (300).
I use the word experiment with some trepidation. I can't truly say I know what I'm doing here other than desperately trying to lose weight. Even when I do, will I be able to continue this new healthier living style after I reach my goal. I am tempted every day with something new. In Laughlin, it was the BBQ Rib competition, in Las Vegas it was the myriad of small restaurants and bar foods, and even here at home, I salivate every time I pass the classic burger place outside Walmart. Will I remain strong when this is all over?
I was struck a little when my friend, Terry, texted me congratulating me on "sticking with it" this long. No question a compliment, but then I asked myself was this a way of saying, you've done this before and you always quit and go back to your bad habits, so it's great you've lasted this long? I was really clear this is a one year goal and it's only been three and a half months. I'm just over one third of the way. Honestly, it was a good test, it made me even more determined to make it to the full year.
What will happen if I reach my goal before the year is out (175 lbs)? I honestly am not sure aside from easing up a bit on the strictness of the diet but weighing myself every single week to make sure I don't slide back. However, make no mistake, I am not at all confident I can make that weight. At my age, asking my body to go back to what I weighed in high school is a HUGE ask. I'm sure that if I settle in at 185, I will be okay with it. We'll just have to wait and see.
In Laughlin, I went to sleep at 7 PM, and as expected, I woke up at 3 AM. I got ready and was on my way home at 4:15. I pulled into my driveway at 9:15. The time is right on and being a Sunday morning, there was no traffic problems. I certainly like taking the Riverside route more than the other way.
Today, I was honestly tired and had to pull every mental muscle to go my walk. I made the Santee Lake circle from my place and got back with over 12 K for the day; however, I was as thirsty and hungry and worn out as much as I can remember doing these walks. The 15 miles in Las Vegas one day and the 8 miles to the Davis Dam has taken it's toll. My legs are beginning to have rashes, though I suspect this is a good thing as they are dropping fat and the skin is adjusting (at least that's what I tell myself). One very good thing is that lately, I have not had the nerve issue in my left foot problem for a while. Today, I'll be doing the Mission Beach route, so this will be a test day for that.
I was very hungry, so I treated myself to the chicken nuggets early, than had chicken strips about two hours later and finished with soup for the night. I have no doubt I am still well within my 1500 calorie per day goal. Tonight I have to force myself to attempt the swim at the fitness center. I have no idea why I am hesitating, but I'm going to do it tonight. I expect it should be just fine and if it is, I will try my best to add it to my routine. I can't help but feel that I have to get off the damn chair watching TV in the later hours. Also, I have no doubt my body is adjusting to this morning walk. We shall see in tomorrow's report.
Food intake: apple juice (120); chicken nuggets (500); BBQ chicken strips (400); soup (300).
Comments
Post a Comment