Day 102

I went to bed at 8 PM in hopes of getting enough sleep so I could drive to Vegas at 2 AM.  Aside from waking a couple of times, that worked out and I got out of the house at 2:15.  The drive was uneventful.

I arrived in Las Vegas at 7:30 and stopped at the Starbucks on Tropicana for about an hour to take care of some daily writing and other computer things.  I drove to Sam's Town.  It's Senior Day so I swiped my card and received 15X slots and 7X poker...not bad.  I put a $20 in the upstairs nickel Joker's Wild as the progressive was over $600 with the intention of double or nothing.  I got as hight as $38.50 and eventually lost it all.

I walked down to the 8/5 BP and the progressive was $1171.  I played there all the way until it was time for the poker tournament and was down almost $100.  I was dealt four to the royal twice to no avail.  The tournament was a mess.  I was card dead and only picked up one small pot and was out just before the break.  They have increased the tournament cost up $2 to $25, no big deal.

I went back to the 8/5 progressive and it was now $1193.  I put in another hundred and hit a couple quads and a straight flush winning back my earlier loss.  I finally called it quits when it went over the $1200 thresh hold.  I did put in a $20 in the triple play nickle progressive playing Super Double Bonus.  I hit quad aces on one line but eventually lost it.

I had checked with the boothling and I was 6 K from renewing my Sapphire status and I have until Aug 1 to hit it; however, considering I had such a good multiplier, I wanted to catch as many points here now.  I finally played some Quick Quads (not sure why, I simply enjoy playing this game).  I did manage a few quads and left even.  I had put over 2 K points on my card.  As I walked by the buffet, I noticed there was no line and I hadn't eaten, so I used my points.  It was lunch time so they took $8 worth of points off my card (I have over $100 in comps).  I had a veggie omelet and some baked trout along with stir fry chicken.  I'm not a fan of this buffet, but I will say, today's food was very good.

I drove down to the D valet parking (very easy off Carson St).  I checked in and asked for a room as far from the Fremont Experience as possible.  She only had one but was an upgraded room for an additional $15.  I declined and took what was available.  It turned out okay.  Yes, I was woken a couple of times, but after awhile, it all just becomes white noise.

I still needed to get another 6 K steps in to reach my daily goal, so I walked down to the El Cortez and played a $20 through a Joker's Wild machine...lost...another $20 in a Buffalo Gold....lost...and a final $20 in a Grand Buffalo...where I did hit a bonus and end up losing $5.  I walked down to the Shipping Storage mall and hung out there and then walked back to the Experience checking out all the new joints along the way.  There are SO many little restaurants and bars, I have no clue how they all stay in business.

I went to up the Vue bar and the D and played $100 in the 8/5 progressive.  The royal was $1071 but the straight flush was at $191.  After about 20 minutes, I was deal the straight flush for a sweet and needed win.  I never did catch a quad, but left with a $100 win.

I walked over to MSS to play the 9/6 JOB and was there for a good hour or so managing over 1000 points, but ZERO quads eventually led to my $100 loss.  Again, I was dealt four to the royal twice and didn't hit.  I headed over to the Golden Nugget for their 2/4 game.  I was first on the list and I sat there for over a half hour.  It certainly seemed no one at the table (there was only one 2/4 game but lots of others) was leaving any time soon, so I left.  I did some more walking going down to the Gold Strike.  This has been turned into a very cool bar and game place...no gambling, but lots of things for groups to do...all free.  The patio is full of games like bean bag toss, darts, shuffle board, etc.  Seems like a terrific place to play if you have a group.

I had over 13 K steps now, so it was back to the D and I called it a night.

Food intake: grapes (250); buffet of baked trout, stir fry chicken, and a veggie omelet (1200).

Comments