Day 100

A bit of a mile stone for me as this marks my straight days into the three digits.  Day 100 finds me feeling pretty damn good about my accomplishment of discipline, a previous problem, and determination with this diet.  I have NOT had one "cheat" day or a slip.  Of course, there have been those days when eating a Mom's and Pop's that I had foods that I stay away from the rest of the week, but even on those days, I have had smaller portions.  I don't remember one day of the hundred that I went over 2000 calories.  Here's hoping that I can say the same thing on Day 200.

I can absolutely say that I feel more energetic in my walk and all manner.  The only true downside is that I continue to be sore in my legs and feet; however, this soon wanes as soon as I begin exercising.  I still have some intestine issues, but nothing I haven't dealt with before.  Tomorrow I leave for Vegas and Laughlin for four days, so it's going to be important for me to stay strong and find ways to get my exercise in and maintain the 1500 calorie per day limit.

I took the trolley to downtown (it takes almost one hour) and then walked over to the Coronado Ferry and for $9.50 round trip took the ferry to Coronado.  I then walked to the Hotel Del Coronado and walked through it bringing back all those memories from the band days.  I then walked back and hopped on the ferry to the convention center and across the street where I renewed my library card and finally back on the trolley and home.  I easily went over 16 K for the day; however, it was all walking and no jogging.  It appears I won't be doing any jogging for the next couple of days.  The plan will be to do Las Vegas downtown one day and the entire strip and back the next.

I'm surprised at the amount of support I'm getting on Facebook of the pictures I've been posting of my walks.  There's a lot of support out there. 

I took care of the Costco shopping and watched TV an muttered around the house the rest of the day.

Food intake: scrambled eggs (100); banana (100); salad (400); BBQ chicken (400); chicken nuggets (500). 

Comments