Day 89

My steps today were done locally.  I discovered the park at the San Diego river and went through the trail and ended up at Walmart and then walked down through the shopping centers and with the returned did manage my 10 K steps for the day. 

I went to Costco and got food for the next week or so and then to Sprouts where on my walk discovered they had frozen broccoli packages at 4 for $5.  I bought them along with some grapes and salad. 

After getting home, I steamed the broccoli, which only has 125 calories in the entire bag and put my popcorn salt on it for taste and was very good.  It appears I have discovered something nutritious and low calories for when I feeling I need a snack.  I will add this as a staple to my food repertoire. 

I did go through ALL my pants and t-shirts discarding many and categorizing the rest by size.  I am not a 42 waist (down from a tight 46), and my goal is to be wearing the 40-inches shorts my June 1 and the 38 waist jeans on September 1 and the 36 waist pants and shorts by December 1.  In order to do this, I have to get rid of this lower belly fat, which is incredibly stubborn and will likely be the very last thing to go.  Of course, my dream size would be 34s, but at my age, I think that will be unattainable.  It is very important that I continue to tell myself that when I reach my goal of 175, I will allow it to adjust to as high as 185 and to check my weight constantly as to NEVER go over that again in my LIFETIME!!

Food intake: broccoli (75); chicken pieces (300); chicken nuggets (500).  Hopefully, this makes up for yesterday's dinner at the folks. 

I am enjoying the fact that though I tend to hover around 1000 calories a day, I am not feeling hungry.  This is a huge advantage to staying on this diet. 

Comments