Day 85

After buying gas at the Costco in Mission Valley, I headed to Mission Beach.  I began my walk and before reaching Balboa St., I had to turn around.  With the wind blowing, it was simply too cold this morning.  Knowing full well, I'll be coming here almost daily in the summer, I chose to come back home. 

Unfortunately, I got stuck in traffic by SDSU when all lanes were forced into just one because of a multi-car crash.  However, I did manage to get home.  I then chose to finish my 10 K by walking the circle from my house to Cuyamaca and then to the park.  It turns out to be just over 9 K, so I will need to add to that route if I want to do a full days walk.  It's nice to be able to try different destinations all the time.  I love being retired.

At 67, I am noticing subtle changes along with the white beard and hair.  My hands are more and more looking haggard and wrinkled--like an old man.  That's okay, I'm just now noticing.  Along with that, now that it has been almost three months of exercising, my legs and feet simply don't want to get into shape like they used to.  By now, I'd normally be jogging at a good pace.  But now, I'm still struggling to make it four or five minutes without have to walk.  Add to that, I'm jogging SO slow.  Again, this is all okay.  I'm just having to learn to adjust to the new me.  At least I'm doing something about it.  Five days until judgement day and the scale in the bathroom.  It's funny how I am becoming so anxious now.  I am so worried that I won't make my 10 pounds; however, there's a large part of me that knows I will.  I have such a long way to go.

Food intake: banana and grapes (150); BBQ chicken pieces (300); chicken salad (500). 

It was a good day!

Comments