Day 67

Slept for 9 hours, so there's no reason to not get things done today.  I went to Mission Beach for my walk but forgot my Fitbit.  It turns out I found a step counter app on my Iphone and it seemed to work just fine.  The only problem with that is that you need to have your phone on you and I doubt it works with treadmills because of the GPS function, but I just don't know.  However, it is good to have in a pinch.

I end up walking over 12 K steps.  The weather was great.  There's no doubt I enjoy that much more than the gym but I'm sure the gym gives me a better workout.  I showered and went to the mall to buy some new shoes.  They seem to be okay, but the jury is out on how they will work for my treadmill work. 

I am not getting my book reading done, so now I will have to cram.  I went to Mom's to eat dinner and she had gone to bed no feeling well, so Papa and I had pasta.  I did have two small helpings, a meat ball and one piece of garlic bread.  I have absolutely no idea how many calories that would be so I'll be guessing again.

Food intake: salad (300); imitation crab (300); pasta dinner (1000).  I may have gone over the daily limit, but as I've written before, Wednesday at my mom's for dinner can be excused as my "cheat day" thought I don't really buy into that.  Besides, I am still staying within my weekly limit. 

I am fighting the expected emotional ups and downs when dieting.  There are times, I'm feeling like things are taking their natural course as I slowly drop the pounds, and at other times, I get slightly depressed thinking there is nothing going on.  Just seeing my body in the mirror and all it's rolls of fat and then putting on the jeans and not feeling any since of improvement.  I have no doubt all of this is in my head and I know the visual satisfaction will come in waves after four or five months.  It's the daily grind that I have to plow through and have faith in the process.  The next weigh in isn't for another 22 days, so I will need to just hang in there.  Anything in the low 250s would make me happy.  Of course, there were years when I would START my diet and 250, so shame on me for putting myself in this situation in the first place!

Comments