Day 54

Rough day at the casinos.  I woke up, took care of all the business of the morning and headed down to the lobby.  Cathy said she'd meet me for breakfast at 9.  That gave me an hour or so.  I walked over to the Fremont and played Pick 'em and couldn't catch anything other than on full house and lost my hundred.  I then tried NSUD on the same machines.  I wanted to give deuces a shot at least once this trip.  I had little luck there as I couldn't catch any premium hits.  It broke my heart when I was dealt A/Jc and trash and redrew only to see the K/Q/10c come up in the first three cards...yes I know, not the same, but it hurt nonetheless.  I end up dropping that $100.

I went upstairs of the D to play at the Vue bar.  I managed to hit a couple of premium quads for a $50 profit when it was time to meet up.  We had the breakfast buffet at the Fremont.  It was only $9 in points taken off my card for the both of us...great deal.

We decided to spend the day at MSS.  I needed another 1200 points to renew my Sapphire and she wanted to re-establish her standing there hoping to generate some offers.  We each took a seat at the bar and hammered away at the 9/6 Jacks.  She played $.50 and I the usual quarter.  She went on a quad tear catching four withing about 15 minutes.  It took me almost 45 minutes before catching even one.  I lost that hundred and put in another but that was lost too even with two more quads.  I did manage over 2 K points and my card is renewed (at least it should be).  I had $7 in scratch cards.  I said my goodbyes to Cathy as she continue to pound away (she later texted me that she finished with 5 K points and a $55 profit). 

I decided to not deal with the Friday traffic and packed up to head on home forgoing my last night at the D.  The room was very nice and the bathroom was top rate.  I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.  The only downside was the noise at night even though I was far from the Fremont Experience.  I didn't want to get on the road too early, so I made a stop at the Westgate now that their remodeling is done and to see the poker room.  They've done a great job.  Even though I'm down almost $350 for the day, I couldn't resist putting in a hundred in my favorite nickle Spin Poker.  I played for almost an hour when I finally caught one line of deuces and walked away with a $13 profit.  The play should keep my offers coming. 

Drive home was uneventful aside from a brief stop and go at an accident.  It was a short trip and I certainly took it in the shins gambling, but I actually had a good time and was glad I went.

Food intake: veggie omelet and banana (400); chicken nuggets (500); chicken breasts (400).  I only had a little over 7 K steps.

Comments