Day 53
As is my pattern, I woke up early, took care of all the morning routines and finally headed out to the Golden Nugget to sign up for poker. They only had one table going and it was a no limit game. There was no one on the 2/4 list. He took my club card and added my phone number and said he'd text me when a table opens up. He said that for now on, you don't have to wait around the poker room waiting for a seat to open. Nice.
I walked over to the Fremont and played some Pick 'em and then when the buffet opened at 7AM, used my points for a breakfast buffet. I then walked over to the Four Queens and played some 9/6 Jacks and while there, got my text. The table opened at 8:30. A change here at the GN, their doubling of the high hands is now 8AM until 2PM, no longer starting at 2AM.
I was having a rough time being card dead and have a couple coolers including my pocket Kings getting beat by two pair and my flush getting beat by a river full house--both those pots were very big due to lots of raising. I had to buy in again. Finally around noon, things turned and I won most of my money back and left at 1 PM stuck only $20. Not even a sniff of a high hand.
The reason I left early was because Cathy (Big Fuss) was in town. While playing poker, I noticed she had made a entry on Facebook she was at the Golden Gate. I texted her and we agreed to meet up. I hung out with her for a little while and then I headed over to Sam's Town to swipe my card for YAH and got the crappy 9X and 5X.
I need 4 K more points to renew my Sapphire card, so I sat down at the 8/5 Progressives. The royal was almost $1700, really huge. I played and played and played added 3K points but couldn't hit any premium quads and quit down $100. I had some Panda Express.
At 5 PM I drove to Mandalay Bay as I wanted to get my new Pearl Card and I had printed out a ticket to the Aquatic Center using MYVegas points. I got a M resorts Visa card so I could park at all their properties for free, which works perfectly, but it also came with $100 free play. I used it only Buffalo Gold and cashed out $75. The Aquarium is exactly the same as it was many years ago the last time I was here.
I drove back to the D and parked at their valet (another easy was to park downtown). I texted Cathy and she met me at the Vue bar at the D to play some 8/5 progressives. We played for almost two hours. I hit about six or seven quads but again NO premiums and cashed out a $100 profit. Cathy only hit one quad and lost a little. Then it was off to bed.
Food intake: vegetable omelet and scrambled eggs and fruit (500); Panda Express meal (900).
I did manage 12+ K steps.
I walked over to the Fremont and played some Pick 'em and then when the buffet opened at 7AM, used my points for a breakfast buffet. I then walked over to the Four Queens and played some 9/6 Jacks and while there, got my text. The table opened at 8:30. A change here at the GN, their doubling of the high hands is now 8AM until 2PM, no longer starting at 2AM.
I was having a rough time being card dead and have a couple coolers including my pocket Kings getting beat by two pair and my flush getting beat by a river full house--both those pots were very big due to lots of raising. I had to buy in again. Finally around noon, things turned and I won most of my money back and left at 1 PM stuck only $20. Not even a sniff of a high hand.
The reason I left early was because Cathy (Big Fuss) was in town. While playing poker, I noticed she had made a entry on Facebook she was at the Golden Gate. I texted her and we agreed to meet up. I hung out with her for a little while and then I headed over to Sam's Town to swipe my card for YAH and got the crappy 9X and 5X.
I need 4 K more points to renew my Sapphire card, so I sat down at the 8/5 Progressives. The royal was almost $1700, really huge. I played and played and played added 3K points but couldn't hit any premium quads and quit down $100. I had some Panda Express.
At 5 PM I drove to Mandalay Bay as I wanted to get my new Pearl Card and I had printed out a ticket to the Aquatic Center using MYVegas points. I got a M resorts Visa card so I could park at all their properties for free, which works perfectly, but it also came with $100 free play. I used it only Buffalo Gold and cashed out $75. The Aquarium is exactly the same as it was many years ago the last time I was here.
I drove back to the D and parked at their valet (another easy was to park downtown). I texted Cathy and she met me at the Vue bar at the D to play some 8/5 progressives. We played for almost two hours. I hit about six or seven quads but again NO premiums and cashed out a $100 profit. Cathy only hit one quad and lost a little. Then it was off to bed.
Food intake: vegetable omelet and scrambled eggs and fruit (500); Panda Express meal (900).
I did manage 12+ K steps.
Comments
Post a Comment