Day 52

I got up at 3:00 AM but that was okay being that I went to bed at 6 the night before.  I got all my computer things done and then headed to the gym at 4:45 and then got gas at Costco.  It’s trash day and we had a good one finishing in record time at 9:00 AM.  I headed for Vegas right away.
Aside from occasional stop and go traffic, I arrived in Las Vegas at 2:30.  I checked into the D and it actually turned out pretty nice.  The room is clean and the bathroom is modern.  I got everything put away and then headed downstairs to play.  I stopped by the D slot club and had my $30 freeplay loaded on my card and was given a $25 food voucher.  Unfortunately, you have to use all of it at once.

Along with those, I also had a $25 match play.  I put it on Black at the roulette and it hit.  Cool, first bet and I’m up $50.  I went upstairs and sat down at the Vue bar to play the 8/5 progressive BP.  There are progressives on the royal ($1178 as of now), straight flushes ($107) and 5 – K quads.  I hit quad Jacks on my second hand.  Things were going well and I played for a good hour before finally losing my $100 buy in.  I didn’t hit any more quads.  I put in another $100 and was up and down and managed to hit three regular quads on one bonus quad (3s).  After an hour I cashed out the $100, so I’m $50 down for the day.

I went over to the D’s coffee shop and ordered a wrap and some beef chili (excellent) and used the voucher.  I played a couple of Buffalo machines and was down $40 and then hit a bonus for $47 and cashed out.  I took a walk along the Fremont Experience but it was 32 degrees, seriously cold. 
I knew this was going to be a rough time on my diet, but I’m going to do my best. 

Food intake: chicken breasts (400); fruit bowl (100); chicken nuggets (500); one lite beer (100); chicken pesto (350 – that’s a guess); chili (400); a few fries (250).  That’s a shade over 2000 calories; however, still well within a decent range.  I did over 16 K steps so that helps a little.  The hardest part of this Vegas trip is going to be the food intake.  I’m not going to worry if I’m a little over here and there as long as I don’t let it get away from and I still do my gym work, which I certainly hope to do. 

Comments