Day 49

I'm thinking that yesterday was a typical day of what the rest of the year is going to be like.  The thing about this dieting, and I remember this as the same attitude I had in all the previous diets, is that food and exercise dominate my thought processes and planning for the entire day.  Though I will still visit family and friends, go to Laughlin or Vegas, or whatever, I'm thinking, "What am I eating today and when and where will I get my exercise it?"

I'm not quite as sensitive to food commercials and fast food restaurant temptations as I've had in past diets, but I'm focused on getting through the necessary steps in order to achieve my diet goals for each day.  I honestly don't know if this is because I'm retired and don't have all that much more to worry about or if I'm spending too much time focusing on it. 

Of course, it's still early in the diet and I realize I'm very sensitive and fearful on "falling off the wagon," but I certainly hope that everything becomes more routine.  I have a big test coming up with my three night stay in Las Vegas.  I was good during my Laughlin trip and I see no real problem other than the exercise portion of the daily goal.  I have pretty much decided I will drink a Lite beer or two during VP sessions, what with 100 calories each should not hurt me.  I will stick to salads and veggie omelets and chicken nuggets for food.

One thing that comes out of this is my walking routines many times forces to go places.  The zoo, Balboa Park, the beach, and yesterday to Los Chollos Lake by my parents.  I did make 15 K steps for the day, but honestly, I thought there would have been more considering I did an hour on the treadmill, a half hour on the bike and another 15 minutes on the treadmill (while watching The Man who Knew Too Much with Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day on my Ipad), and then another 1.6 miles circling the lake.

In the back of my mind, I know I will need to begin jogging soon.  I have set March for the beginning date, but it seems I've reached the point where walking may not be enough.

I received the side view mirrors for the tractor yesterday.  That means they delivered them to me the next day after I ordered them.  Wow!  How do they do that?

Food intake: veggie omelet (200); chicken nuggets (300); BBQ chicken breasts (400); popcorn (500).  Very close to my limit but I'm still good. 

Comments