Day 43
Being my birthday, I was concerned about eating too many calories, so I stayed with eating only grapes in the morning and then whatever was for dinner at Tracy's house.
I went to Pechanga to play poker from noon to 4 PM. I never got into any serious trouble and was up most the game. However, the last hour I went into a funk and didn't win a hand. Fortunately, I did still manage a $10 win for the session (along with the $4 comps). I was on the leader board with Aces over 10s for the first 15 minutes, but of course, that died by the end of the hour.
The party for me and Jim, whose birthday is only ten days after mine was great. Javier made pasta and salad. I had two small portions of pasta and one sausage (it was good but I should have avoided it). The sauce was amazing as was the lemon cake Aubrey and Gabby made for us. I stuck to a small piece. It's impossible to say how many calories I took in for the meal, but I'm confident it was less than 2,000--and considering the day, pretty good.
I did take a day off from my 10 K steps. Time was a small consideration but truth be told, I needed to give my body a day's rest and allow my blisters to heal. Overall, I'm pleased for the day.
The one thing that is hard to explain is how often I peed last night. I went before the party. I went when I got home. And then again before going to sleep. Every hour or two I was up again, at least five times. Now my first thought is wondering if I was beginning to prostrate problems, but I was peeing a lot every time. That makes me wonder when I ever drank that much. I have no clue where it all came from. I only drank a few sips of beer at the party and a very small cup of coffee and then my usual cup of lemonade after I was home. Could it have anything to do with my diet? I'll be curious to see what happens tonight.
My son cancelled our February Vegas trip. Now I need to decide if I want to go by myself and stay at the D and cancel the Westgate or if I want to just wait until March when Jonny will be able to go again. I'll check with Cindy and gauge her response. I'm leaning towards going though I do hate the drive, I'm feeling like I need to get out of the house more. I'm becoming TOO comfortable just hanging around the house.
I went to Pechanga to play poker from noon to 4 PM. I never got into any serious trouble and was up most the game. However, the last hour I went into a funk and didn't win a hand. Fortunately, I did still manage a $10 win for the session (along with the $4 comps). I was on the leader board with Aces over 10s for the first 15 minutes, but of course, that died by the end of the hour.
The party for me and Jim, whose birthday is only ten days after mine was great. Javier made pasta and salad. I had two small portions of pasta and one sausage (it was good but I should have avoided it). The sauce was amazing as was the lemon cake Aubrey and Gabby made for us. I stuck to a small piece. It's impossible to say how many calories I took in for the meal, but I'm confident it was less than 2,000--and considering the day, pretty good.
I did take a day off from my 10 K steps. Time was a small consideration but truth be told, I needed to give my body a day's rest and allow my blisters to heal. Overall, I'm pleased for the day.
The one thing that is hard to explain is how often I peed last night. I went before the party. I went when I got home. And then again before going to sleep. Every hour or two I was up again, at least five times. Now my first thought is wondering if I was beginning to prostrate problems, but I was peeing a lot every time. That makes me wonder when I ever drank that much. I have no clue where it all came from. I only drank a few sips of beer at the party and a very small cup of coffee and then my usual cup of lemonade after I was home. Could it have anything to do with my diet? I'll be curious to see what happens tonight.
My son cancelled our February Vegas trip. Now I need to decide if I want to go by myself and stay at the D and cancel the Westgate or if I want to just wait until March when Jonny will be able to go again. I'll check with Cindy and gauge her response. I'm leaning towards going though I do hate the drive, I'm feeling like I need to get out of the house more. I'm becoming TOO comfortable just hanging around the house.
Comments
Post a Comment