Day 40

Yesterday (I write these the following day) was an odd one.  My workout at the gym went fine walking my hour 3.5 miles but I didn't ride the bike knowing I was going to go for a walk outside later, which turned out to be Encinitas. 

I had fruit with Cool Whip in the morning and then drove to Encinitas, parked and walked from one end, across the street and back.  By the time I was finished, I had made my 10 K steps for the day.  I enjoyed the walk a lot.  There was plenty of sunshine.  I have no idea why I just like to window shop so much.  I think I've always been curious about people's lives and what they do for a living and how they ever got to the point, where they had an idea, made it happen, and watched it either succeed or fail.  There were many bars, cafes, restaurants, and clothing shops.  The one shop that caught my eye was some kind of baby shop, which at 10:30 in the morning was busy with babies and young parents.  What they were doing, I have no idea but it certainly made me think about beginning new lives and also how the higher middle class has the time to do these sorts of things while most of the world is at work. 

I have developed a large blister (well, the small blister has spread) on my right foot which made the walking a tad uncomfortable, but I've sworn to trudge through it until it becomes a callus.

I did get some reading done, but not as much as I should as I found myself hooked into the Harry Potter series.  Shame on me as it means I'll need to read 270 pages today.  Book club is tomorrow. 

Not my best eating day: fruit (100); jello (50); crab (200); chicken nuggets (350); popcorn (500).  These are all questionable portions.  The one think I hate about calorie counters is they use the "portion" measurement and rarely say what amount a portion is leaving it up to us to guess.  However, I still believe I am within the realm of 1500 calories for the day.

I am proud that I have now gone 10+K steps every day for over a week and hope to continue that progress even with the nagging blister situation.

Comments