Day 32
Weighed myself in this morning: one month and I weighed 280 lbs. That is a loss of 17 pounds. That is excellent news and encourages me. However, I am fully aware that much weight loss in the first month could and probably is an aberration. My body will likely adjust to the new standard of eating and exercise patterns and slow down, so my goal is unchanged 10 pounds per month. I'd love more and would accept a little less on certain months.
Yesterday was an enigma. I went to they gym, but having missed ONE day, I was having muscle strain in both my chins and ankles. I didn't even make the hour. I quit early as I was simply done. I should expect occasional episodes like this and hopefully today I will get "right back on the horse." Today begins incorporating jogging into my daily routine. I tried it yesterday for just a couple of minutes and was surprised how winded I became so early into it. This will be a long struggle. However, in order to prevent my body from plateauing, I know I will need to push the envelope.
I did go to the movies and I saw Lady Bird which I enjoyed but I think the movie is geared more for mothers and daughters. Still, a great flick. Knowing I'm eating at my parents tonight, I only bought the small popcorn snack pack.
Dinner at my parents consisted of short ribs (2), potatoes (1), and carrots.
Food intake: grapes (50); 10 nuggets (500); popcorn (250); dinner (500). So, I am under the 1500 calorie goal.
I am curious with what is going to happen in six months or so assuming I can stay at my 10 pound per month loss if I will have to make that daily calorie count to below 1000 or not. I'll need to continue to do my research on that.
Yesterday was an enigma. I went to they gym, but having missed ONE day, I was having muscle strain in both my chins and ankles. I didn't even make the hour. I quit early as I was simply done. I should expect occasional episodes like this and hopefully today I will get "right back on the horse." Today begins incorporating jogging into my daily routine. I tried it yesterday for just a couple of minutes and was surprised how winded I became so early into it. This will be a long struggle. However, in order to prevent my body from plateauing, I know I will need to push the envelope.
I did go to the movies and I saw Lady Bird which I enjoyed but I think the movie is geared more for mothers and daughters. Still, a great flick. Knowing I'm eating at my parents tonight, I only bought the small popcorn snack pack.
Dinner at my parents consisted of short ribs (2), potatoes (1), and carrots.
Food intake: grapes (50); 10 nuggets (500); popcorn (250); dinner (500). So, I am under the 1500 calorie goal.
I am curious with what is going to happen in six months or so assuming I can stay at my 10 pound per month loss if I will have to make that daily calorie count to below 1000 or not. I'll need to continue to do my research on that.
Comments
Post a Comment