Day 9
Chalk this day up to change. Weather reports were everywhere talking about a major rain even in San Diego tomorrow. I decided to take things into my own hands. I went over and spoke with Cindy (manager of the park) and suggested that rather than collect the trash in the pouring rain, that Jose and I get it this afternoon while it's still dry.
This wold mean that I would have to walk the entire park knocking on everyone's door to ask them to put out their trash now. She agree and I did just that. About 90% of the residents were home and every one agreed to do it understanding. I also suggested that Jose work this afternoon (his usual schedule is until noon) and then be given Friday off. Cindy and Jose agreed. After all, he doesn't want deal with the rain as well. So, at noon, we set our with the Bobcat and dumpsters.
The entire thing took us until 1:30. There was only one resident who bitched a little because he wasn't home when I went around the park. Though Jose was beat (he had already walked the entire park doing the meter reads), he was happy to have it done with.
When I got back to my home, the wheels really began to turn. If I wait until tomorrow to leave for Laughlin, I'm going be driving right smack into the head of the storm. I made the decision to leave immediately. I had planned on doing laundry and getting my haircut, but I can do all of that when I get back. I knew there was a good chance I was going to hitting commuter traffic in some spots, but sitting in traffic was better than getting stuck behind car accidents and very slick roads.
I left my place a 2 PM. Everything was fine but I started to get raindrops around Temecula and it continued to rain (though never really hard) all the way to Barstow. I was very happy to have not run into any accidents along the way. There were three or four spots where it was bumper to bumper. Sometimes there was no reason at for it as there were no major entries or exits.
By the time I got to Victoville my bladder was about to burst. I stopped at a Carl's Jr., which had a locked combination on the bathroom door, so I had to order something. That was okay, I was very hungry as well. All I had had was a salad in the morning. There really wasn't many healthy choices so I selected the steak quesadilla, about 750 calories. I then put another $10 in the tank and headed out skipping my routine stop in Barstow. The quesadilla was excellent and just what I needed. As soon as I turned east on the I-40, the rain stopped for good and it was clear sailing all the way into Laughlin.
I arrived at check in at the Aquarius at 8:15 (an hour later than usual) and check in was a breeze. Fortunately, I had one free night and they accepted it. That was perfect considering I only needed to stay for one night. I put my things in my room and headed down to the machines to play on Terry's card. He had $80 in free play. I played 9/6 Jacks for 50-cents and added 441 points. He texted that wasn't probably enough, so it's likely I'll need to play more. The point system at Ace Player properties is a mystery.
I wanted to take something to my room for dinner and the Panda Express was closed, so I picked up some chicken nuggets at McDonald's. All told, I may have gone over my 1500 calorie goal a bit. I'm guessing just under 2000--still not too bad. The good news is that all that walking around the park and the trash pickup allowed my to go over the 10K steps for the day--the first time in months I've done that. My feet and legs feel fine.
I'll be in Laughlin for the next five days. I'm still considering going to Las Vegas on Wednesday, but that's still up in the air. The CES convention is going on, and the place is going to be a mess.
This wold mean that I would have to walk the entire park knocking on everyone's door to ask them to put out their trash now. She agree and I did just that. About 90% of the residents were home and every one agreed to do it understanding. I also suggested that Jose work this afternoon (his usual schedule is until noon) and then be given Friday off. Cindy and Jose agreed. After all, he doesn't want deal with the rain as well. So, at noon, we set our with the Bobcat and dumpsters.
The entire thing took us until 1:30. There was only one resident who bitched a little because he wasn't home when I went around the park. Though Jose was beat (he had already walked the entire park doing the meter reads), he was happy to have it done with.
When I got back to my home, the wheels really began to turn. If I wait until tomorrow to leave for Laughlin, I'm going be driving right smack into the head of the storm. I made the decision to leave immediately. I had planned on doing laundry and getting my haircut, but I can do all of that when I get back. I knew there was a good chance I was going to hitting commuter traffic in some spots, but sitting in traffic was better than getting stuck behind car accidents and very slick roads.
I left my place a 2 PM. Everything was fine but I started to get raindrops around Temecula and it continued to rain (though never really hard) all the way to Barstow. I was very happy to have not run into any accidents along the way. There were three or four spots where it was bumper to bumper. Sometimes there was no reason at for it as there were no major entries or exits.
By the time I got to Victoville my bladder was about to burst. I stopped at a Carl's Jr., which had a locked combination on the bathroom door, so I had to order something. That was okay, I was very hungry as well. All I had had was a salad in the morning. There really wasn't many healthy choices so I selected the steak quesadilla, about 750 calories. I then put another $10 in the tank and headed out skipping my routine stop in Barstow. The quesadilla was excellent and just what I needed. As soon as I turned east on the I-40, the rain stopped for good and it was clear sailing all the way into Laughlin.
I arrived at check in at the Aquarius at 8:15 (an hour later than usual) and check in was a breeze. Fortunately, I had one free night and they accepted it. That was perfect considering I only needed to stay for one night. I put my things in my room and headed down to the machines to play on Terry's card. He had $80 in free play. I played 9/6 Jacks for 50-cents and added 441 points. He texted that wasn't probably enough, so it's likely I'll need to play more. The point system at Ace Player properties is a mystery.
I wanted to take something to my room for dinner and the Panda Express was closed, so I picked up some chicken nuggets at McDonald's. All told, I may have gone over my 1500 calorie goal a bit. I'm guessing just under 2000--still not too bad. The good news is that all that walking around the park and the trash pickup allowed my to go over the 10K steps for the day--the first time in months I've done that. My feet and legs feel fine.
I'll be in Laughlin for the next five days. I'm still considering going to Las Vegas on Wednesday, but that's still up in the air. The CES convention is going on, and the place is going to be a mess.
Comments
Post a Comment