Day 6
Yesterday, all things considered was a good day. I managed almost 8K steps and kept well within my 1500 daily caloric intake. I have almost finished the book, which I will do this morning.
I'm taking this getting back into shape thing very seriously. Having come off my shoulder injury, I don't want to do anything that's going to cause me the kind of pain I had with that. I realize my 66 year old body is no longer 26. However, I know this glob of bones and flesh pretty well. I know that I can not just start jogging. This will require baby steps, but I know I will get there. I've been a yo-yo all my life and this marks the seventh or eighth time I've had to "start over."
My first goal is to get to 10K steps per day on average. I have to get my feet and my shins into shape first. I certainly don't want to go through the blisters and cramps I've had in the past.
After about two weeks, I will begin to add a slight jog in my walks and after six weeks extend that to as much as I feel I can handle.
By April, I want to be jogging full time each day. I would love to think that I could manage two-a-days at the gym, but I'm not so sure about that. As always, I have very mixed feelings about weights. I do not care very much about muscle mass. I would, however, like to be "solid" and I'm pretty sure weights at a very moderate level could accomplish that. We'll see as it will depend on how my shoulder reacts.
Once I lose 40 pounds, I will attempt to get pickelball back into my life. Working out in the morning and playing pickleball in the afternoon seems to be a great recipe for me.
I had a bit of a goose chase today. I was supposed to pick you Subby's niece, Rosie from the airport at 5:30 to give her a ride back home. I waited at Harbor Island for her to call saying she arrived but after almost a hour, she called me saying the plane was diverted to Phoenix as there was to much fog to land in San Diego. It was okay being that sitting in the car waiting allowed my to read more of my book.
Today is book club, so I'm going to need to finish my book (about an hour), make the breakfast meats, clean my home and be over there set up by 9 AM. It's going to take some discipline to get my steps in today. Hopefully, I'll finish everything early this morning and walk the park and then later this afternoon, get in the rest.
I'm really hoping that when I'm at Day 225, I can look back at this journal and smirk at how meager my goals are today.
I'm taking this getting back into shape thing very seriously. Having come off my shoulder injury, I don't want to do anything that's going to cause me the kind of pain I had with that. I realize my 66 year old body is no longer 26. However, I know this glob of bones and flesh pretty well. I know that I can not just start jogging. This will require baby steps, but I know I will get there. I've been a yo-yo all my life and this marks the seventh or eighth time I've had to "start over."
My first goal is to get to 10K steps per day on average. I have to get my feet and my shins into shape first. I certainly don't want to go through the blisters and cramps I've had in the past.
After about two weeks, I will begin to add a slight jog in my walks and after six weeks extend that to as much as I feel I can handle.
By April, I want to be jogging full time each day. I would love to think that I could manage two-a-days at the gym, but I'm not so sure about that. As always, I have very mixed feelings about weights. I do not care very much about muscle mass. I would, however, like to be "solid" and I'm pretty sure weights at a very moderate level could accomplish that. We'll see as it will depend on how my shoulder reacts.
Once I lose 40 pounds, I will attempt to get pickelball back into my life. Working out in the morning and playing pickleball in the afternoon seems to be a great recipe for me.
I had a bit of a goose chase today. I was supposed to pick you Subby's niece, Rosie from the airport at 5:30 to give her a ride back home. I waited at Harbor Island for her to call saying she arrived but after almost a hour, she called me saying the plane was diverted to Phoenix as there was to much fog to land in San Diego. It was okay being that sitting in the car waiting allowed my to read more of my book.
Today is book club, so I'm going to need to finish my book (about an hour), make the breakfast meats, clean my home and be over there set up by 9 AM. It's going to take some discipline to get my steps in today. Hopefully, I'll finish everything early this morning and walk the park and then later this afternoon, get in the rest.
I'm really hoping that when I'm at Day 225, I can look back at this journal and smirk at how meager my goals are today.
Comments
Post a Comment