Day 5

Another night of sleep of only 5 1/2 hours.  I have no idea is the diet and the amount of sleep is correlated or not, but I do try to sleep longer.  Tossing and turning  in my bed for almost an hour isn't getting me any more sleep and is completely unproductive.

I have 150 left in THE ORIGIN.  I must finish it today and begin my analyses paper to share with the group.  I will also need to get to the store and pick up groceries.

Yesterday was a good day for the caloric intake and a shit day for the exercise, which was zero.  I have to do something about my lack of discipline when it comes to that.  I know that it is a critical component to the success of this endeavor. 

I spent the majority of the day splitting my time with computer nonsense, reading the book and TV.  I never left the house.  Fruit in the morning, vegetables and chicken nuggets in the afternoon and a salad at night.  I will guess I ate a total of approximately 1200 calories. 

I searched the Internet about product calorie amounts and was both dismayed and surprised.  My tangerines are 40 calories each, but the Cuties variety are 80 each.  I have NO clue as to why.  So, this will be my last bag of Cuties and I will switch to other fruits for snacks.  The surprise was that an entire bag of Kirkland microwave popcorn is only 200 calories.  This seems crazy low.  However, there are 15 grams of carbs, which can't be good and I am trying to keep the carbs intake to a minimum.  This will require more research.  I mention this because I have left over about 25 bags and I considered giving or throwing them away.  Now I will consider keeping them as I know I will want a salty snack on occasion.  We shall see.

It's only been five days and already I'm getting those little hints of doubts.  My head tells me that this will work and that the key is determination and persistence.  My body is says that nothing is going to go the way I want and that I'm never going to make it, so just give up.  My emotions are swinging in all directions.  I've bee through this.  I know that it will take no less than three months before there is any noticeable body changes.  That means the beginning April or blog entry Day 95 or so.  Even then it will be small.  The major changes won't happen until August or September.  That's a lot of veggies and fruit days and by then I will need to be back in shape jogging a mile and walking a mile every day. 

It breaks my heart every time I put on clothes.  Everything is tight.  I can't button the bottom two buttons on a shirt that is 2X!  It is depressing.  However, don't interpret my pouting for weakness.  That's the point of these journals.  To write about all of it and knowing that I can't screw it up because tomorrow, I'm going to have to write about it.  My resolve remains intact.  I know my spirits will eventually lift.  I just wish it would get here sooner rather than later.

Comments