Day 4
Not my best day, but not my worst. The usual Wednesday dinner was a bust (a good thing as I was expecting that the food served would do my diet a disservice) and I came back home and had my veggies and chicken.
The day was spent reading, playing online poker, and a little TV. I'm enjoying "The Runaways" a lot. This episode featured Stan Lee's cameo as a limo driver.
My mother is not doing well. She is in constant pain. At 92, she has lost most of her intestines, had two broken backs, and so many other ailments, it insane. She doesn't like life. I feel mostly for my step-dad, Subby, who has to deal with this every moment. His life is on complete hold and he nurses her every minute and at 85, he's no spring chicken. I am now more concerned with him. I feel so ashamed that I'm actually anxious for my mom to pass so that he can still grab a little life. He loves to bowl and can't now. He's strong, but I'm noticing more and more his difficulty in finding words.
He's agreed to allow me, once I return from Laughlin next week, to go to a dispensary and buy my mother some edibles, which are now legal in California. This will be a new experience for me, but I'm more than happy to do anything that helps my mother's pain.
Wow...this is downer. I did manage to stay away from all my evil foods but I didn't make my steps today. Too much reading, too much procrastinating. Hopefully, a better day today.
At 10 PM each night, I get in my golf cart and drive around the park to see that everyone's fine. I check to see that no one is parking in the street (I leave them a notice if they do) and I lock the two laundry room doors on 2nd St. I check all the doors in the clubhouse and pool to make sure they're secure. This whole routine only takes me about 15 minutes. This, along with my trash duties on Tuesdays, gives me a deposit of a little over $600 per month. The cost per month to live her is approximately $640 per month which includes gas and water. So, as you see, I pretty much live rent free. I paid cash for the mobile home, so as you can see, I live VERY cheaply for a guy in San Diego, one of the most expensive city's in America.
I expect to keep this job until the manager of the park retires this coming July, when I will quit as well considering I have many special arrangements with the manager that the new person will never understand or allow...my frequent trips to Laughlin and Vegas to name just one.
It's now been four days with no sugar, bread, or starches. I am eating plenty of fruits and vegetables though. My only "iffy" thing is the boneless, skinless chicken. I woke up last night at midnight, and could NOT get back to sleep. Hunger was hitting home so I put 8 chicken nuggets in the micro. That's about 350 calories--add that to the approximate 800 in veggies and fruit and sauces (BBQ and soy), I'm still well under my 1500 calories today. If only had had done my steps, I'd be feeling much better about today. The only side effect has been heading off to pee more than usual. Considering that I'm drinking liquid almost the entire day added with the water from the fruits, I suppose that's no surprising...it's also nice to know that the plumbing is working, at my age, that's a concern.
One last note. As a retired English teacher, I normally proof read all of my writing checking for mis-spells and such; however, I'm not going to do that with these blogs because I don't expect anyone will be reading them, and more importantly---I don't give a shit.
The day was spent reading, playing online poker, and a little TV. I'm enjoying "The Runaways" a lot. This episode featured Stan Lee's cameo as a limo driver.
My mother is not doing well. She is in constant pain. At 92, she has lost most of her intestines, had two broken backs, and so many other ailments, it insane. She doesn't like life. I feel mostly for my step-dad, Subby, who has to deal with this every moment. His life is on complete hold and he nurses her every minute and at 85, he's no spring chicken. I am now more concerned with him. I feel so ashamed that I'm actually anxious for my mom to pass so that he can still grab a little life. He loves to bowl and can't now. He's strong, but I'm noticing more and more his difficulty in finding words.
He's agreed to allow me, once I return from Laughlin next week, to go to a dispensary and buy my mother some edibles, which are now legal in California. This will be a new experience for me, but I'm more than happy to do anything that helps my mother's pain.
Wow...this is downer. I did manage to stay away from all my evil foods but I didn't make my steps today. Too much reading, too much procrastinating. Hopefully, a better day today.
At 10 PM each night, I get in my golf cart and drive around the park to see that everyone's fine. I check to see that no one is parking in the street (I leave them a notice if they do) and I lock the two laundry room doors on 2nd St. I check all the doors in the clubhouse and pool to make sure they're secure. This whole routine only takes me about 15 minutes. This, along with my trash duties on Tuesdays, gives me a deposit of a little over $600 per month. The cost per month to live her is approximately $640 per month which includes gas and water. So, as you see, I pretty much live rent free. I paid cash for the mobile home, so as you can see, I live VERY cheaply for a guy in San Diego, one of the most expensive city's in America.
I expect to keep this job until the manager of the park retires this coming July, when I will quit as well considering I have many special arrangements with the manager that the new person will never understand or allow...my frequent trips to Laughlin and Vegas to name just one.
It's now been four days with no sugar, bread, or starches. I am eating plenty of fruits and vegetables though. My only "iffy" thing is the boneless, skinless chicken. I woke up last night at midnight, and could NOT get back to sleep. Hunger was hitting home so I put 8 chicken nuggets in the micro. That's about 350 calories--add that to the approximate 800 in veggies and fruit and sauces (BBQ and soy), I'm still well under my 1500 calories today. If only had had done my steps, I'd be feeling much better about today. The only side effect has been heading off to pee more than usual. Considering that I'm drinking liquid almost the entire day added with the water from the fruits, I suppose that's no surprising...it's also nice to know that the plumbing is working, at my age, that's a concern.
One last note. As a retired English teacher, I normally proof read all of my writing checking for mis-spells and such; however, I'm not going to do that with these blogs because I don't expect anyone will be reading them, and more importantly---I don't give a shit.
Comments
Post a Comment