Day 3
I need to keep reminding myself that the title (Day 3) is the completed day and that I write on the following one...usually in the morning. Only six hours of sleep last night. I've always been a rough sleeper. There are far too many nights that I can't sleep more than six hours, sometimes less, sometimes more. Like all men my age, this sleep is interrupted with one or two runs to the bathroom during the night. Rare is the day when I wake up in the morning with an uninterrupted night of sleep. When I do get eight hours, it feels luxurious.
Yesterday was a good one in that I got some good exercise picking up the trash around our trailer park getting in and out of the Bobcat to help Jose, our maintenance man as he tosses cans of trash into the dumpster attached to the tractor. When I first started doing this a year ago, the park was under different ownership and I'd drive the Bobcat and each day there'd be a temporary guy doing the work. I never got out of the vehicle. The entire job would take four to five hours. However, Jose and I get along great and work well as a team. Now I help as much as I can with throwing away the trash. This, of course, is also good work. Though to most it would seem a "come down" from being a teacher with a master's degree to trash man, but the truth is, I actually enjoy the work. Now, instead of five hours, we get it done in less than three.
The whole process only put just over 3K steps, so more steps were to come. After finishing that, I played some poker on the computer and read a little. I'm finding it VERY hard to get into this book and it's a big one, so I'll be doing quite a bit of cramming in the next couple of days.
My food intake was within limits: fruit in the morning, tangerines for snacks, and vegetable and white chicken for dinner. I went to Costco to buy some of the above and picked up a veggie tray. Later I drove to Phil's BBQ and bought two bottles of their sauce (may all time favorite) and would dip the carrots, collie-flower, peas, and broccoli into it. As I mentioned in a previous post, the sauce is my guilt accessory. If I'm going to stick to veggies, I'm going to need to flavor it. So, I intend to use BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and salsa (all of which add calories, but not enough to sabotage the diet). I realized that aside from the carrots, the other vegetables will need to be steamed--not a big deal.
I walked to the park and back and finally managed 6.2K steps...a step in the right direction. I washed a couple of episodes of the HULU show, Marvel's "The Runaways." The child in me admits openly that I am a true sucker for the Marvel and DC Universe movies and TV shows. The nerd in me is alive and well.
Yesterday was a good one in that I got some good exercise picking up the trash around our trailer park getting in and out of the Bobcat to help Jose, our maintenance man as he tosses cans of trash into the dumpster attached to the tractor. When I first started doing this a year ago, the park was under different ownership and I'd drive the Bobcat and each day there'd be a temporary guy doing the work. I never got out of the vehicle. The entire job would take four to five hours. However, Jose and I get along great and work well as a team. Now I help as much as I can with throwing away the trash. This, of course, is also good work. Though to most it would seem a "come down" from being a teacher with a master's degree to trash man, but the truth is, I actually enjoy the work. Now, instead of five hours, we get it done in less than three.
The whole process only put just over 3K steps, so more steps were to come. After finishing that, I played some poker on the computer and read a little. I'm finding it VERY hard to get into this book and it's a big one, so I'll be doing quite a bit of cramming in the next couple of days.
My food intake was within limits: fruit in the morning, tangerines for snacks, and vegetable and white chicken for dinner. I went to Costco to buy some of the above and picked up a veggie tray. Later I drove to Phil's BBQ and bought two bottles of their sauce (may all time favorite) and would dip the carrots, collie-flower, peas, and broccoli into it. As I mentioned in a previous post, the sauce is my guilt accessory. If I'm going to stick to veggies, I'm going to need to flavor it. So, I intend to use BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and salsa (all of which add calories, but not enough to sabotage the diet). I realized that aside from the carrots, the other vegetables will need to be steamed--not a big deal.
I walked to the park and back and finally managed 6.2K steps...a step in the right direction. I washed a couple of episodes of the HULU show, Marvel's "The Runaways." The child in me admits openly that I am a true sucker for the Marvel and DC Universe movies and TV shows. The nerd in me is alive and well.
Comments
Post a Comment