Day 26

Had an excellent night of sleeping catching a good eight hours.  I have to wonder that as much as I am exercising, if that plays a role considering my body is tired.  All of this seems silly considering I have had many, many periods in my life where I have exercised much more than I have this time.  There was a time I was jogging (note that I never say running as my pace barely makes worthy the word jogging) five miles per day.  The jury is still out if I am going to begin jogging again like that.  I need to do some research on the benefits of jogging versus brisk walking.

I do know that my feet and legs are TIRED.  A few hours after my workout, it is tough just getting out of the chair.  However, I have no doubt that this will pass and these old muscles wake up and get back some of the strength they used to have.

I am forever guilty about my insane lack of discipline.  The last time I had lost the weight, I threw away all my old fat clothes.  Things went fine until I hurt my shoulder in the summer a year and a half ago.  That was my excuse.  I say excuse because there was no need to sit it my couch and eat bags and bags of chips, ice cream, candy, and sausages.  The terrible thing is that before I would eat some these things, I knew that after I had finished eating it, my life would be no more satisfied.  This time (my age, no doubt a factor), reaching just short of 300 pounds is the God-awful truth of my lack of will and self image.  It will take a very long time to get this off and it is my punishment...and make no mistake...I deserve it. 

With all of that out of the way, the day went well.  I worked out for two hours (my daily goal now).  I will try to do an hour on the treadmill, a half hour on the bike, and another half hour on the treadmill if I have nothing else planned that day so I can reach my 10,000 step goal. 

Food intake: Salad (100); veggies and chicken (500); chicken nuggets (400).  That's 1000 calories for the day.  Excellent.

My financial adviser office called and made an appointment for me Monday at 11:00 to arrange for my annual retirement payment, which is $10 K, which ends up being $7 K after all the bull shit taxes are taken out.  How sad is it that a man on a pension living alone pays 30% of this money to taxes.  And that's just the Feds and State.  There's also car license tax, mobile home tax, and of course the 10% sales tax.  Believe me, if I didn't have all my family here, I would live in Nevada.


Comments