Day 21

It was a good day at the gym with an hour of treadmill.  I started jogging for a minute or two intermediately.  Though I hadn't planned to do this, I decided I was good to go, plus I'm still getting pain in my lower shins and jogging helps keep that in check, for whatever reason.

I also did 20 minutes on the stationary bike.  Quite honestly, I'm no sure what good that does, but I'm sure it's good for something...perhaps knees?  My knees are my biggest worry.  I cannot do a squat without aid getting back up.  Of course, I would imagine that when I lose a hundred pounds that my knees wouldn't have to support, I have no doubt that would help; however, I also think this is where my age is really playing a part.  I'm not sure if my knees will ever improve. There's only one way to find out and this December, I will do just that.

Speaking of December, my goal is 10 pounds per week.  If that is met, I will have lost 110 pounds in December.  That's a might leap to take, but that's what I intend to do.  If I lose that much weight, I will be 185 pounds or such, which is what is expected of a male of 6 feet.  I absolutely have to stay focused and disciplined throughout the year.  I can NOT have any regressions or injuries. 

The one thing I am not sure of is--oops, lost my train of thought.  Oh, I remember now.  I honestly don't know if I should hit the gym 7 days a week or would 5 or 6 do the same.  I'm unclear how much damage I might be doing to my body without taking the occasional day off.  At this point, I will take a day off if my body is really screaming me to do it. 

Here's hoping my body holds out.

I went to the movie again.  What a huge difference at the movies on the weekends versus weekdays.  The place was packed.  I'm not sure what everyone was going to see, but I say I, Tonya and the theater was only about 30% full.  The movie started off slow, but it really picked up and I end up really enjoying it. 

Food intake: Omelet in the morning and some grapes (100); a medium popcorn and Coke Zero at the movies (500); two chicken breasts with BBQ sauce (250).  That's only 850 calories for the day.  I'm telling you, I  BETTER see some weight improvement Feb 1.

Comments