Day 12

I have been going to be super early lately, 7 PM and so I'm waking up early.  It seems to suit me.  I'm not sure when I started enjoying this routine, but it just seems I can get much more done very early in the morning than any other time of the day.

I finished every thing in the room and drove over to the Colorado Belle and signed up for the high hand table, which turned out to be a good thing as the table end up full with a waiting list.  Before the game began, I went to the Loading Dock for their morning buffet.  Prices went up a dollar to $10.99, still a good price for a great buffet.  I had a vegetable omelet and a bowl of fruit with coffee and orange juice (500 calories).  I did learn a lesson: check the labels before pouring.  I accidentally poured Tabasco sauce on my omelet thinking it was Tapica.  I don't like Tabasco, but I managed.

I played in the game.  Things started out well as I was dealt pocket Aces with a KK7 flop.  However, two players caught a full house and there were raises every card.  I lost $30 to the pot making my $50 cracked aces bonus only $17 after tip.  I just couldn't catch many pots and after a couple hours managed to get away with only a $6 loss. 

I stopped at the Riverside and saw Jumungi at the theaters there.  It was very funny and I loved it.  I picked up a new slot card and went over to the Quick Quad machines.  I lost $50 and left.

I next drove to Bullhead to get some cash from the Wells Fargo there and on to Target where I bought some coffee and a shirt and shorts.  Hopefully, this will be the LAST time I buy a 2X shirt.  I drove back to Laughlin and to the Aquarius preparing for the worst knowing I need to add another 1300 points.

It's funny how a small thing can change a future outcome.  The plan was to play a hundred through the triple play 8/5 BP and when that was gone, move over to the quarter 9/6 JOB single line.  However, there was a woman sitting at the triple plays, so I started at the single line and put in a hundred.  Terry's card didn't work, so I walked back to the car to get a different card.  When I returned, I realized that I had left that $100 in the machine.  Fortunately, no one noticed and it was still there. 

I began to play and for whatever reason, this machine was absolutely crazy.  I was catching quads, full houses, dealt flushes, and even caught a a gut-shot straight flush.  My high was $413 and when I reached the 1300 points after about three hours of play, I cashed out $383.  I was within $50 of getting back all of my losses here from yesterday.  I will remember this machine!

I walked over to the Panda Express and bought a medium entree of mushroom/chicken.  According to the menu, this item is only 170 calories.  I'm guessing my size was a little over two portions so I'll assume 500 calories, but I question that it could be that low.  It's a fantastic dish and will be ordering it a lot throughout the year. 

I went back to the Trop and enjoyed the meal and went back down to put in some play to keep the offers coming.  I sat down at the triple play 8/5 BP and accidentally started playing Multiple Times.  My very first hand was a 10X bonus.  I won over $30 on the first hand, so I continued to play that for a bit.  Surprisingly, it's full pay as well.  The swings are just too much for me and as usual, it seems when I did finally get a multiplier, I wouldn't get a hand to play.  I switched over to regular bonus poker and just couldn't catch much.  I had decided to just play it down; however, after getting all the way down to the last hand, I started catching a couple things, then more, and finally was dealt trip threes and caught two of the quads for a $150, up $50.  Needless to say, I cashed out and went back to my room. 

The day renewed my faith in the machines.  I will admit, it really does change your mood winning versus losing despite saying otherwise.  Long losing streaks can really affect you, but that occasional nice win makes up for it.  I still would love to catch the year's first Royal, but I don't think I'll be playing as much as I did in year's past as I slowly veer away from gambling.

Only 5K steps today which I will have to fix when I get home.  At least I stayed around the 1500 calories for the day.  I still question it: omelet, fruit, medium popcorn, mushroom/chicken entree but I'll put faith in the counters.

 

Comments