Day 11

After yesterday's disaster, today was tame in comparison.  I drove to Sam's Town this morning, which is about 90 miles from Laughlin.  I bought a small bowl of grapes to it along the way for breakfast (100 calories).  I swiped my card and got 15X/7X, which is pretty good.  I played a little nickle three play and hit one quad making a couple of bucks before playing in Sam's poker tournament, which has gone up $2 to $25--no biggie.

I started out well until after the break when it was no limit.  I made a stupid move and tried to steal a pot going all in with a 6/8 suited.  That was a mistake as I was called by two and lost. I then went to see The Shape of Water, a movie with a lot of Oscar buzz.  I did enjoy it (more nudity than I anticipated).  I did really enjoy the movie but it simply went over the line in believably a couple of tines.  The performances were wonderful.  I did have a small popcorn, no butter (250 calories).

I then played the 8/5 bonus poker progressive.  I played quite a while on my hundred getting over 1500 points.  It pisses me off that i can play and play staying well ahead and then, as if someone hits a switch, the games suddenly stops paying.  It appears I may lose my Sapphire status as I didn't realize I had until the end of this month to get 6K more points.  That's probably okay as I'm beginning to quit all the point chasing in Vegas casinos. 

I bought a Panda King Rice bowl with mushroom and chicken (900 calories) giving me a total under 1300 calories for the score.  Score this as a victory.  However, too few steps for the day.  I'm anxious to get my ass into the gym upon my return.  I'm proud of my daughter who is posting her daily routine at the gym in an effort to motivate herself to keep going as well.  I fear that though she is working out, is she also watching her food and alcohol intake?  It takes both to actually accomplish any significant weight loss.  If anyone has learned that over the past 66 years, it's me.  

Comments